Friday, August 6, 2010

A week in pictures

I wanted to post these pictures on the blog, but they really have nothing in common... besides that they were all taken this week. So here goes~

One of Austin's favorite things to do is to help me pick out fresh green beans at the grocery store, and then come home & help me snap them!

My little helper


He also loves to sit in a his chair, cover up with a blanket, and then have Jack or Max sit on his lap. For some reason he gets especially tickled when it's Max. I get tickled looking at how fat our cat is.




So I've been looking for a nice organizational unit for our family room- for all of Austin's toys. I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything I like, so I decided to wait. Well it's been 2 months and I've been going crazy! Who knew this kid had so many toys with small pieces?? So I gave in & bought this very simple (and on sale) organizer at Target. Austin loves it & so do I. It might not be the nicest thing ever, but it fulfills it's purpose!


Tonight after dinner (which was quite yummy because Shane fried fish for us), we went outside to play in the yard. There were storms coming, so it was getting cool... which is a nice break from the heat we've been suffering through. It was a fun time with my boys!

The clouds looked really neat!




Sliding


Playing with mommy- love the expression on his face!


Being silly with daddy & mommy

4 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Does Austin eat fresh green beans? My boys love to snap, but only will eat can ones. :(

We have 2 of those Target toys bins at our house and LOVE them. One thing that has been really helpful for my boys is that I took pictures of what should go in the bins, printed the pictures, and taped them to the front of the bin. It was so helpful when they were younger (even younger than Austin) for them to know which bin was for little people, puzzles, Mr. Potato head, etc.

And last, we took pictures of those same clouds last night! Had no idea a storm was coming, but the clouds were sure cool looking!

See you tonight!

Molly Page said...

Those cloud photos are beautiful. They're totally ominous. Was it a crazy storm??

Whitney said...

Molly- Nope, just a normal thunderstorm!

Taylor Made said...

Love the last picture of you three! We too have toy overload and it is driving me crazy!!