Friday, August 27, 2010

New England Trip- Day 1 Boston

I will apologize in advance for the length of these vacation posts & the amount of pics.... but I wanted to document everything we did! :) So here goes- day by day!

Pre-trip pics:

Excitement that the trip has finally arrived!


Sad to leave Austin


Day 1- Thursday, Aug 19

Since we had a 6:50 am flight, we decided to spend Wednesday night with Jared & Leah. We were up early & headed out the door by 5:15- stopping at Whataburger on the way!

Jared & Leah


Me & Shane


Excited about VACATION!!!


The airport was surprisingly busy, so we were a bit rushed... but made it on the plane in boarding group A- WHOO HOO! Jared & Shane sat in the exit row ahead of us, while we enjoyed visiting together & watching a movie behind them. After a quick stop in St Louis, we landed in Boston around 12pm!

Waiting for people to board in St. Louis


We took the subway to our hotel and checked in- it was great! Jared used points for our rooms in Boston & Shane used points for our rooms in NYC... plus we all used rewards tickets for our airline fare (can you say cheap vacation?) Anyway, we stayed at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel & our rooms had a great view of the harbor & city! We got freshened up & then headed out for a quick lunch! We ended up eating at this great little Italian place!

Our room


Ready to head out for lunch


The guys on our way


Leah & I in one of the beautiful parks in Boston


Leah's sandwich- HUGE


My pizza- ALSO HUGE


Jared.... the picture says it all


Shane's calzone- do you see a trend in the portion sizes?


So during lunch I realized that I'd left our tickets for the harbor cruise back at the hotel.. grrrr. So we rushed back to get the tickets & went ahead and changed clothes for the baseball game. We ended up taking a cab back to the harbor so that we didn't cut it too close- but we made it in plenty of time. The cruise lasted about 45 minutes and was a narrated tour around the entire Boston harbor- very pretty & informative.

Cab ride


Standing in line for the harbor cruise


Getting ready to leave the dock




Boston


Loved this shot with the flag


USS Constitution


Me & Shane


Jared & Leah


After the cruise, we headed to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox play the Angels! I was shocked at how small the ballpark seemed... I'm accustomed to BIG things in Texas! Even though the Red Sox ended up losing, we had a wonderful time!

Catching the subway to the game


Can you tell I'm excited to be back in New England?


Outside the ballpark


Inside Fenway


The Lumpkins


The Windoms


The Green Monster


Us again


My favorite part- the food! Hot dog & nachos for me!


The group (no idea why it looks like I only have 1 arm....)


Jared enjoying a funnel cake


Still happy even though they lost


Very crowded subway ride back to the hotel


Hanging on for dear life


Tired after a long day


Totally "posed" as Jared would say~

1 comment:

Molly Page said...

Looks like your first day was jam packed! How much fun :)

We want to see a ballgame in every MLB park and have a long way to go. But looks pretty cool. (Especially the hot dog!!)

Can't wait to read more.