Sunday, August 29, 2010

New England Trip- Day 5 Connecticut

Day 5- Monday, Aug 23

Jared & Leah caught a flight out of NYC on Monday morning, so Shane & I headed to Grand Central Station for our train ride to Connecticut! I was really excited for this portion of the trip... visiting our old stomping ground! Shane hadn't been back since we moved over 8 years ago, but I have been back more frequently to visit friends. After picking up our rental car, we stopped by our old apartment complex- it really hadn't changed that much! Next we visited one of our favorite places... Lyman Orchards! Since the cool weather had continued (upper 60s), we opted to just eat lunch at the store rather than pick any fruit. It was so yummy... especially the apple pie!!

A little chilly when we stepped off the train


The old apartment- 2nd floor


Eating lunch


Eating apple pie


We used to come here every Saturday!


Trees... oh how I've missed you!!!


After settling into our hotel, we met our good friends for dinner! We met Robert & Holly when we first moved to CT, and quickly became great friends. We have so much in common with these two & really enjoy spending time together. It was great catching up with them! We had a fabulous dinner, a quick stop for gelato, and then back to their house to visit!

Me & Holly


Robert & Shane


All 4 of us at dinner


The Lumpkins


The Kleins- we miss 'em!!


The trip was entirely to short, so I'm looking forward to our next visit!

2 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

I read through and looked at every pictures! Looks like a super fun (but tiring...you guys did a lot in a short amt of time!) trip!

Glad you are back home, but probably not as glad as Austin was!

(btw, the visual verification that I am having to type in to leave a comment is the word "sucky" ha ;)

Kelly said...

Looks like a great trip! I LOOOOVE that area of the country!