Saturday, March 28, 2009

1st Birthday Party!

Today we celebrated Austin's first birthday (again)! Our family & close friends came to our house for a Barnyard Bash- and we had so much fun! Everyone came around noon & we ate a lunch of chicken fingers, potato salad, beans, fruit salad, and rolls!

The birthday boy



Lunch



Decor before lunch- thanks for making such cute table cloths Gigi!



1 year picture & candy (on the side you can see the mason jars that we drank from- how fun!)



Dining room (where we ate)



Cutie



Next we opened presents! Austin liked the gifts, but was most excited about tissue paper and ribbons! We are blessed to have such generous family & friends! Now I'm wondering where we're going to put all this stuff..... :)

Some of the gifts (cute balloons, huh?)

Opening presents



Playing with his grandparents



Finally it was cake time! I was SO please with how the cake turned out- both the regular cake and Austin's smash cake! He absolutely loved it... especially the icing! He was such a mess afterwards that we ended up just giving him a bath in the sink. Of course after that he refused to take a nap because of the sugar high.... so he should sleep well tonight!

The cake table





Eating cake



He obviously enjoyed it!



Being silly for the camera



Bath time



We spent the remainder of the afternoon visiting with everyone and playing with Austin. We all had a wonderful time- the perfect 1st birthday party!

Family picture


Papa Jim & Gigi (my parents)


Papa Gary & Gran (Shane's parents)


Uncle Mat & Aunt Shanna


Beth & Jason


Max snoozed on the coats during the party

11 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a wonderful party! All of your hard work definitely paid off. Austin is lucky to have such a sweet Mommy! I am glad you guys had so much fun!

Kristen said...

So sweet and fun! I loved everything...especially the cakes.
So cute! I am glad you had such a great time!

Lana said...

Everything looked so great, the cake was adorable and so was Austin eating it:) Can't believe he is 1. They grow up so fast.

Holly said...

How fun! I love the cake. So hard to believe he is already a year old! Happy Birthday Austin!

Kristen OQ said...

I hated that we had to miss out on coming to Austin's first birthday celebration! What an adorable party to celebrate your sweet 1 year old!

Elizabeth said...

Everything looked great, and that cake was awesome. Looks like a great 1st birthday party!!

Kim said...

These are great! Loved the jars!

Kimberly said...

I can't believe Austin is 1! It seems like just a few months ago he was born.
Okay the party looked like so much fun! I love the mason jars, balloons, and esp that amazing cake!! I might be stealing the barnyard idea for our little guy's first birthday party....8 months from now. I know I have a while but that is just too darn cute!

Dallas said...

Looks like a very fun party! Great cakes!!!! Impressed by those. Fantastic pictures too!

Emiley said...

What a cute and memorable 1st birthday party!! Looks like Austin ahd fun!!

Tesney said...

Cute cake! I cannot believe he is one! I would just love to squeeze him. Sooooo cute.