We got to to the zoo around 12:45 & stayed until around 4.... and Austin did fantastic! He never once fussed! I've decided that we will be going to the zoo a lot- he loved the animals, he was constantly being stimulated (therefore he didn't mind missing his afternoon nap), he ate snacks while we looked at the animals, and then he fell asleep within minutes of getting into the car!
Austin's favorite animals/exhibits were:
*The penguins- it was feeding time & so they were all out of the water and then jumping in to get the fish that were being thrown in. He loved watching them jump in and swim around.
*The river otter- again because it was constantly swimming around and close to the glass.
*The parrots- we bought this seed stick thing where the birds will fly down and land on the stick to eat. So basically you are holding the birds. Anyway, Austin LOVED it & kept trying to grab the birds.
*The meercats- first of all, these little animals are just the cutest things EVER! We were also able to get very close to them, and they would come right up to the glass and interact with the kids!
Here are more pics of our day- Shane did a good job getting some great shots!
I've always thought the way that flamingos rest their heads on their backs is so neat!!
A constant battle all day long- trying to get Austin to look at the camera! There were just too many other things to look at!
A cute baby giraffe- there were several of them!
Look at those beautiful colors!
The way the lions behaved reminded us of our cat, Max, obviously on a much larger scale :)
Being silly- Austin does this a lot now where he just lays his head down and smiles at us!
Mommy & Austin
Love this one- just breathtaking!







16 comments:
Great pictures!! And, love his cap!!
It looks like Austin had a great time! I love all the facial expressions!
That looks like so much fun. I cannot believe his birthday is NEXT WEEK!!!
Fun! We bought a membership to the Zoo, and it is totally worth it (free parking, discounts, etc.). Plus you can go for a short period of time and not feel bad about it. It is a great zoo, and we're so fortunate that it's so close!
These are such good pics! He is such a doll. And you look great!!!
FABULOUS pictures! He is so cute! Did you think the penguin area smelled? When we went to the FW zoo last summer I couldn't even stand in there, although it was a much cooler temp. Random, I know, just wondering.
Awh, how fun! Great that he was so interested in everything. We'll have to keep the zoo in mind.
Cute pics -- looks like it was a fun afternoon. I meant to tell you that you can buy discount tickets to the Ft. Worth Zoo at Albertsons by our house (you may have already known that) or the zoo pass is a great thing too!
Glad you guys had fun!
He is so cute! What a sweetie!
Looks like you guys had a great time! When we went I think the Meerkats were Nick's favorite too. And great pictures by the way!
What a fun day!!!! We still haven't gotten the girls there... it is top on my list for the Spring!!
What a great "family" outing! Looks like you all had a great time. Austin's poses are priceless!
Don't you love the zoo?! Glad you guys had so much fun.
LOVE the pictures! So fun to go to the zoo with the little ones, isn't it? We can't wait to meet him soon.
J
First trip to the zoo is always so much fun! And you got some AMAZING pictures. I think that last one of Austin in his stroller could be a Chicco ad! And the bald eagle, all I can say is WOW!
So fun! I love his intense stares. You can see he's really taking it all in.
Post a Comment