Thursday, March 19, 2009

Enjoying the spring weather & spaghetti

It's been a beautiful week, so on Tuesday I decided to take Austin for a walk. We tried out his new sunglasses (thank you Christy, Zach, and Payce!) I thought he might try to take them off, but he didn't!

I still think it's funny how he sticks his legs straight out when in the stroller!




Yesterday we took Austin to the playground in our neighborhood! I was anxious to see how he would react to the swings & slide. First off, he wasn't in the best of mood because instead of taking his afternoon nap.... he played for over an hour in his crib. Anyway, when we got there we put him in the swing- and he seemed to really enjoy it! There was another woman there with her 1 yr old (he was 2 days younger than Austin)- so it was fun to see them interact with one another. They also had a dog with them... which Austin was more interested in. Overall it was a fun time, so we'll be going back on a regular basis this summer (along with the pool which is right there too!)

Austin on the swings


Going down the slide with mommy




After we got home, I made spaghetti & we fed Austin some for the first time. He LOVED it- I think it's his new favorite meal (just like his Papa Jim!) It was a huge mess that resulted in a bath, of course! He's growing up so fast!!!!!

Yummy spaghetti





A few last pics from his birthday that cracked me up:

Austin chewing birthday cards which resulted in me taking them away


His reaction... sad then MAD

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Isn't it fun to go the park with him? We LOVE the park. We have gone several times. He is precious, as always! :)

Keith-Suzanne said...

LOL I love those pouty faces. Its so hard not to laugh at them when they do that.

Kristen OQ said...

Cute pictures! Sam & Seth both loved going to the park when he was Austin's age and the swings were their favorites. Maybe you can walk over soon and we can head down to the park by our house too. We have been there several times over the past few days with the nice weather!

myra said...

So fun! Looks like a great park!

Taylor Made said...

ohhhh, the sad to mad face is hillarious!!! I can't wait to get Payce out at the park. Looks like lots of fun!

Briana said...

I just love all his expressions! He is such a handsome little guy. :)

Jody said...

That bottom lip sticking out is too cute!! My kids LOVED the swing so much at that age. He looks priceless in that swing.

Dallas said...

I love those last two pics! Super cute!

CM said...

Oh my goodness, I love the pictures of him sad and then mad! Great expressions!!

Brooke said...

LOVE that last picture! The park looks so fun!

Joni & Al said...

HA! I love the sad to mad face, priceless!!

Molly Page said...

That "mad" shot is priceless!