Friday, January 11, 2008

One of my guilty pleasures
















Granted I've blogged about my favorite TV shows before, but I couldn't resist posting about the new season of One Tree Hill. Yes, I know I'm 32 yrs old and am still watching a Dawson's Creek/ Beverly Hills 90210- ish show on the CW..... but yall, it's SO good!

I've been a faithful viewer since Season 1, and always watch reruns on SoapNet when I can- but I was so excited for Season 5 to start this past week. Unlike some of the other shows that revolve around high school kids, One Tree Hill writers opted to avoid the college transition (that ends up being the downfall for most shows.) Instead, they jumped ahead 4 years! So all of the characters are now young adults, and it opens up for new storylines and characters!

If you've never watched, you should start tuning in- especially since you won't be too lost since they did the 4 year fast forward! But if you have questions, I'd be happy to catch you up, or you could always start watching SoapNet daily :)

Any other faithful watchers, or am I the only loser out there???? Tuesdays @ 8pm!

13 comments:

Jenni said...

I watch too.....I took a break out a few years ago, but am back to watching religiously

Lana said...

I too watch OTH and have since the very first episode. I love it:) We have so many TV show likings in common.

Briana said...

No, no! Don't make me go back! I was addicted to this show for like two years already! I finally have my evenings back to myself ... of course I would love to see what they are all up to now.

Amy McCown said...

I used to watch it. I was reading spoilers for it and was very confused. I am glad you cleared up what was going on. I may have to add that to the DVR list since all of the other shows we watch are not on due to the strike. I really haven't seen any previews for shows. Are there any other new good ones that I should be watching?

Whitney said...

Amy,
I'm at a loss too with the strike- so all I've been watching is One Tree Hill & Celebrity Apprentice (which isn't that fantastic.) Sounds like there are several reality shows coming in Feb though- new Survivor AND Big Brother (which is crazy since it's usually only a summertime show.)

Anonymous said...

I've added the show (with a reminder) to my Outlook calendar... ha ha! ;)

Amy S. said...

I used to watch One Tree Hill but I got mad when Chad michael Murray cheated on Sophia Bush in real life (I take real life too personally). Maybe I should start watching again. I know a lot of people who like it.

Your nursery looks GREAT! Looks like you are doing a good job preparing for the baby boy!

Anonymous said...

I don't watch, but i would like to get into a new show. I'm so sick of reality TV. The only channels that my tv knows are Discovery and National Geo. Maybe I can find the CW station if Curtis will let me have the remote for one night. What night is this?

Whitney said...

Stacie- it was formerly the WB channel, and it's on Tues @ 8pm cental time!

Anonymous said...

Ok - time for another baby update.

Kim said...

This is totally not about guilty pleasures...but mine is The Young and the Restless! Anyway, I have been thinking about you all day long. This was the day in my pregnancy that the boys were born - 30 weeks,3 days. SO glad that you are not in a hospital bed like I was!!! I'm praying for 10 more weeks of growth for Austin! Love ya!

Kristen said...

So I love this new show now! I needed a new since all the others are on strike. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Joe losing his job right before the holidays was a blow, but short lived none the less.

Being home he got to watch the 2 episodes a day of OTH that ran on SOAP network. And I might add that he was especially excited that they just started again with season 1.

Tomorrow as you know he is starting his new job and thank God because now we can afford the DVR unit to record OTH while he is out all day.