Monday, February 27, 2012

Cruise (Days 3- St Lucia)

Tuesday- St Lucia

We had two island excursions on St Lucia- we had to take a VERY curvy road up and down mountain roads to reach our first location.. a cocoa plantation.  We had a great time getting a tour of this beautiful plantation overlooking the ocean & learning how cocoa is made!

Arriving early in the morning


A few pics on our way up to the plantation


A village on the way up- the women wash their clothes in this creek

Making a few stops on the way up to take in the views


The cocoa plantation

Such interesting flowers



Explaining the process


Well hello :)

Time for fresh coconut



Our next stop were some beautiful waterfalls!  We did not jump in to swim, but did take lots of pics and enjoyed some local market shopping there as well!




I don't have many pictures from that evening- but I guarantee you we went to a show & the casino!  Ha Ha!!  The ship was so cold in the evenings, so I was always bundled up wherever we went!

No comments: