Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Water sprinklers & Playdough

Austin's new favorite activity is playing in the water sprinklers in our back yard! He got this snake type one for his birthday, & then I had purchased a caterpillar one this spring... he loves both. The pictures say it all~

The snake one- he got it from Uncle Mat, Aunt Shanna, & Evie


Taking a shortcut to the slide (this scares mommy)


Love the excitement on his face


Going down the slide (he waits as we say "ready.... set....GO")


This one would have been super cute if his eyes had been open! Notice the grass on his legs- he HATED it.


Each time he went down the slide, he would then go to the porch to see if Shane would wipe the grass off his legs/feet- hilarious.


Who knows? He does this all the time~


Drinking from the caterpillar one. Can you say flexible?


Simply ridiculous...


On an unrelated note, I bought these cute Cars tattoos for him in the $1 Target section. He was not happy after I put it on because he thought it was like a sticker~ yet he couldn't peel if off. So after I put one on my arm too, he was fine! Now he shows it to me 25 times a day.


Another new favorite activity is playing with playdough! At first he hated getting his hands dirty, but he's getting better. We sat down after dinner tonight & daddy played too!


Mr. Serious Face


Daddy is getting creative


Finished product- dinosaur. I was impressed~




Mommy is not so creative. This is my watch.


Another shot of the tattoo


Have a good week!

5 comments:

Beth said...

He looks like he had a blast with the sprinklers!!!

Briana said...

So cute! Bubba is a mess-hater too. Can't stand for grass to be int he baby pool, and he won't tough playdoh. Bella is trying to get him over this, as she is constantly into messes. ;)

Leah W said...

We played playdoh last night too! Cute pics.

Jessica said...

Too cute..He is getting soo big!! My kids are still a little scared of the water..even sprinklers?

JEN said...

We have the snake sprinkler and my daughter (about the same age as your son) won't go near it. Playdough is a great idea, I'm going to get some.