Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day



After spending Saturday morning at the nature trail & that evening at church, we were ready for a relaxing Sunday! After sleeping in a little, we got up & I made cinnamon rolls while Shane opened his Father's Day cards!

I helped Austin make this card for Shane- the bunny is made from his fingerprints!




We spend the morning in the backyard playing in the water (Austin's favorite summertime activity!)


He loved being able to go down the slide into the water!


Our neighbors and their dog were outside- he and Max have a love/hate relationship. Max is not AT ALL scared of him & actually went up to the fence and started smacking the dog's face with his paw when he barked- wish I'd gotten a picture! It was hilarious! Jack, on the other hand, ran inside.


He always wants to drink water- doesn't matter if we are in the pool, bathtub, wherever.


Watching the fun from afar, Jack & Max


Taking a break from all the fun


Shane teaching Austin how to use the water guns


Loved getting in and out of the pool... with such grace


After lunch, Austin took a nap while Shane taught me how to mow the lawn (his Father's Day gift from me.) Yes, after almost 11 years of marriage I decided it was time. Now I'm not saying I'm going to start doing this on a regular basis, but I thought it was time for me to learn. The downside was that I had to mow at the hottest time of the day (because that was nap time.) I also got a bad blister on my hand & a bit of a sunburn. BUT... I learned, the lawn looks great, and I have a new appreciation for Shane!

Me in action


I was actually pretty good at it since I'm so meticulous. I've decided it's kind of like vacuuming. My only problem was maneuvering that big lawn mower in small spaces!


We ended the day with a yummy meal of parmesan chicken (Shane's favorite.) I gave him the choice of going out to eat or me cooking. We also spent some time in the front yard trying to get some pics of Shane & Austin... but you know how that goes.

Like father like son


Pointing at everything these days


This is the only way we could get him to sit still on the bench next to Shane~ but he wouldn't DARE look at the camera.


Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband & also to my wonderful Dad! Love you both!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Way to go! That's a good Father's Day gift -- acts of service. Looks like a fun day of family time. :)

Linda A. said...

What cute Father's Day photos.....
Happy Father's Day Shane! Nana