Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring is here!

Since Shane had a few days off this week, we decided to get our spring planting done! We spent most of Monday (while Austin was at preschool), & nap time on Tues-Wed getting everything finished! First we pulled out some grasses in our front flower beds that had just gotten out of control! We both has really sore backs the next day from that....

Shane was responsible for picking out flowers for the flower beds in front (to fill in where we'd removed the grasses), and I took on the potted plants on the porch & baskets in the back. Here are the results:

Getting ready to start with the plants purchased on Monday


Hanging plant in back- loved the colors! We bought this one already done.


Planter basket in back- designed this one ourselves & I'm really happy with how it turned out!


New plants on the back fence along with the bird feeder (which the cats LOVE)


Front porch plants to left of door- lily, lobelia, & petunia (had to replace the middle pot- still needs to be weathered to match)


Hosta to the right of the front door & next to bench


Geraniums at front of porch entryway


Herbs on the back porch- two kinds of basil, chives, oregano, & rosemary! Love cooking with fresh herbs.


Front flower bed (before mulching)


Front of the house- ignore the topiaries at the entry- they need to be trimmed after they finish blooming!


We just finished mulching the front yard, so we are official finished! I never knew I could be so sore from planting flowers...

3 comments:

Molly Page said...

Girl, your yard is drool worthy. I'm so impressed by all of your planting! Someday I'm going to get that adventurous... but I'm still trying to keep a house plant alive for a full year.

Beth said...

Oh - lots of pretty flowers! I'm jealous, we're still working on our yard this year, keep getting sidetracked with other things

Holly said...

I love your flowers! I want to start a little herb garden!