Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter this year! The festivities began on Saturday night with Easter service at church. We tried to get a few pictures before we left the house, but like all of our attempted photo shoots- unsuccessful. I don't think it's just his age, but the fact that he is such a busy body & will not look at the camera (much less smile.) So if we get a good shot it's pure luck or because we have bribed him with something. After church we went to dinner with friends at La Hacienda Ranch.. our favorite place for Mexican food!!

Gratuitous fake smile


Mommy showing Austin the flowers






Taking a break from running on the driveway


Our Easter morning started off with Austin letting us sleep in until 9am- whoo hoo! We ate a quick pancake breakfast before heading to the Grapevine Botanical Gardens! Again, the pictures were not an easy task, and there were lots of bribes with Easter candy hidden in eggs. I think we ended up with some good shots though (okay, there are a lot- sorry!)

Botanical Gardens


Playing in the fountain


Hunting for easter eggs


Looking for candy (AKA- bribes)


Happy with his findings


Big boy- 2 years old


Watching the fish




Running (did this 85% of the time- which explains why I'm so tired)


Whoo hoo- more candy!




Beautiful gardens


Walking with Daddy


Getting tired of the camera


He's not sure what he's supposed to be doing....


Watching kids


An empty egg... what??





Loved the tulips




Grab an egg & run


One of my favorites


On the way home~


We headed home and ate a yummy lunch of roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, & rolls! I will admit it was one of the best roasts I've ever made- I'm convinced it's due to my new crock pot (got it from my parents for Christmas!) Austin went down for a nap while Shane & I got a few things done around the house! After nap time, Austin got to check out his Easter baskets. He had one from the Easter bunny & one from Papa Jim & Gigi! (we were in a rush this morning, hence the afternoon unveiling of the baskets.)

Basket from the easter bunny


And from Papa Jim & Gigi


Checking out the marshmallow bunny


Not sure about the grass...


Getting serious about the candy~ (funny bunny ears, huh?)


Playing with stickers from Gigi


I also made these cute easter rice krispie treats for Austin because he doesn't like cupcakes these days- I thought they turned out adorable (and were super easy to make.)


Happy Easter blog friends!!!

8 comments:

Linda A. said...

Such a perfect Easter Day....spent with your family and the beautiful Tulips God made for Austin! What a precious little 2 year old he is. It looks like he had so much fun with his Easter basket from the Easter Bunny and from Gigi & Papa Jim.
Happy Easter Shane, Whitney & Austin...Love, Nana Linda

Kelly said...

So cute! I think your pictures turned out great, considering the subject is a 2 y.o. We tried the same type of pictures @ the GV Bot. Garden, and they didn't turn out near as good. Tate was moving non-stop. We're shopping for a new camera, so you'll have to let me know more about yours.

Joni & Al said...

Great pictures! He is getting to be such a little boy. No more baby Austin.

Kim said...

What beautiful photos at the Gardens! He is such a cutie. Bad news about posing for photos...if A is anything like our two, then there will be VERY few photos posed and smiling at the camera! Oh so frustrating for a momma! :)

Beth said...

Lots of good pics at the gardens! of Austin and the flowers :) I love those tulips and you can tell Austin is very active - looks like he enjoyed himself!

Cousin Stacie said...

maybe I need your roast recipe because I have yet to make one that tasted very good! Lol. Austin is getting so big!

JEN said...

What lovely pictures! Hope you had a blessed day.

Holly said...

I did not realize I was so far behind in my blog reading! I love his airplane shirt and rice krispie Easter baskets - so cute. Great pictures at the Botanical Gardens!!