So we gave in and bought a kiddie pool for Austin... although we have it on the porch so as to not kill the grass :) We filled it up Saturday morning & took him swimming after church that evening- so it had warmed up a bit! He enjoyed splashing around & playing with some of this bath toys!





Shane put the child safety locks on all of our cabinets this weekend too- which is a huge help. Austin spends most of his time opening cabinets and pulling things out, so that will eliminate a lot of cleaning up on my part! But I'm sure that means he will just find something new to get into! It never ends....
Standing in the pool- he does that most of the time!
On Sunday we went to Jared & Leah's house to grill out for lunch- YUMMY! The boys went swimming in Reid's awesome pool & had so much fun together! I love to see Austin interact with Reid- he just watches him do everything! Reid is around children more because he goes to daycare everyday, but Austin is pretty much just around mommy most of the time! So he really enjoys the play dates with his buddy! Both of the boys were worn out after a few hours, so we're hoping for a nice long Sunday nap (for him, that is.)
Austin watching Reid
They were both chewing on those golf balls the entire time- teething!

Austin (we borrowed Reid's hat- if you're wondering why he doesn't match!)
Austin (we borrowed Reid's hat- if you're wondering why he doesn't match!)
Shane put the child safety locks on all of our cabinets this weekend too- which is a huge help. Austin spends most of his time opening cabinets and pulling things out, so that will eliminate a lot of cleaning up on my part! But I'm sure that means he will just find something new to get into! It never ends....
One last picture- isn't he just the cutest cat ever?







6 comments:
Cute pictures of Austin in the water! Looks like he loves it.
Both of my boys started loving their water table around Austin's age. It was a little easier sometimes to let them play with that than get them completely submerged in a pool. Heck, they played with it last night so it is a toy that lasts awhile!
Aw-a baby pool! Of course, he's adorable. Great shot of your cat!
Just adorable!
I've always had one cabinet full of plastic containers, bowls, even old pots that Brady is allowed to get into to play with; that way she can stay by my side while I'm working in the kitchen. It satisfies her need to explore. I just throw the stuff back in there and then when I need to use something from there I wash only that item.
I laughed about your putting the pool on the patio. Matthew would prefer if we never had anything on the grass ;). What a cutie Austin is!
Austin looked like he had so much fun! My girls love the water table too that K was talking about. We also had a cabinet full of junk for them to play with while I was working in the kitchen. Have fun entering the toddler years!
Those are some great pictures - I'm not sure if you have future golfer in the pool or not? Ah the joy of toddler childhood and summer fun in the plastic pool that actually reminds me of fun memories of days long ago.
Enjoy!
Post a Comment