For those of you that don't know, we got a minivan a few weeks ago. I wasn't happy about it... hence why I haven't mentioned it before now. I've always been one of THOSE people that said I'd never have one. Well, Shane picked one for his work vehicle, so I didn't really have a choice. It's a nice one- a Toyota Sienna. But I'll admit that after this trip, I like it a lot more. I still don't like the idea of it, but oh well! We had a lot of room, and Austin had lots of windows to look out of during the drive. I do love the automatic door feature too!
We arrived at my in-law's house on Friday around dinnertime. We took a quick tour of the garden (we brought home tons of goodies!) Then we went and checked out the chickens which Austin always enjoys! After dinner we took him outside to the tree swing. Papa Gary had 2 regular swings last time we visited, but had set up a baby swing for this trip. Austin LOVED it!
Watching the chickens
On Saturday Mat, Shanna, and Evie (our niece) arrived! Austin had a fun time with Evie- he is still so curious about her. We had to monitor the interaction because he is like a bull in a china closet and Evie is still pretty fragile at 6 weeks old! While the three of them napped from a long trip, we took Austin out to swim in the baby pool that Gran got for him. I'd say that was his favorite part of the weekend (as is evident by the pictures below!) He just splashed and splashed, climbed in and out of the pool, etc. Shane also helped his mom with some yard work that needed to be done! That evening we enjoyed homemade chocolate ice cream and other desserts when all of Gran's family came over to visit!
Swimming (well, splashing mostly!)




Evie didn't like the pool at first, but then she got the hang of it!
Evie didn't like the pool at first, but then she got the hang of it!
This is what Austin does when he's around people he doesn't remember- the stare down. Cute outfit, huh?
Shane, Maw Maw & Austin
We got up early and headed to church on Sunday morning! After lunch and a nap, we headed out to see Papa Gary's side of the family- they all enjoyed seeing the kids. The guys did a little fishing that evening while Sharon & I took the kids for a walk! The weather was so beautiful all weekend long!
Daddy & Austin
The Lumpkins men
On Monday we had a big breakfast & then spent more time with extended family before heading home. Our trip took 10 hrs on the way home- horrible! Lots more stops & awful traffic. Now I remember why I don't like to travel on holiday weekends. Maybe Gran & Papa Gary can come up here next time! :)
One last picture- Austin's new favorite "toy" is the watering can. He walks around the house with it. Max just thinks that means he gets to go outside...







8 comments:
What a doll. So, you've joined the ranks of mini van mom's who like the practicality of them but still not the idea of them? Welcome!
Looks like a fun weekend. I want to see a picture of you driving the van!
Looks like a fun weekend filled with lots of grandparent spoiling! And I knew you would love the van on the trip...welcome to the dark side! ;)
that last picture is awesome!!!
I loved the pictures! So glad he had fun swimming. I knew that mini van would grow on you!
Great pictures! I love family weekends like that!
Sweet pictures!
I hear ya on the mini-van thing. I say I'll never get one, but know they are better than anything out there currently for families. I'm just bitter since I started driving a minivan at age 15...it was a 1986 version. My hand me down car until I was 21. Blah.
Sounds like a fun weekend! I love Ausitin's lobster outfit!!! He is looking like such a big boy these days.
Post a Comment