Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!

Happy 1st Birthday to the most precious little boy in my life! I can't believe it's been exactly one year since my life was blessed by you- time has flown by this year!

Austin's 1st Birthday party will actually be in 2 weeks (March 28th) so all of his grandparents can attend! So we will have pictures of the official party later! As for today, we woke Austin up by going in his room this morning snapping pictures- I'm sure he was wondering WHAT was going on! Since today is also my sweet husband's 33rd birthday, he decided our birthday breakfast- whole wheat apple pancakes, strawberries, and orange juice! Austin loved all 3 things (this was his first time to try orange juice and he couldn't get enough of it!) After that we opened birthday cards- he especially enjoyed chewing on them! We headed over to Dallas to spend the day with Shane's sister & brother-in-law (whose birthday is tomorrow!) After a quick stop for lunch, we did some shopping at the mall before headed to dinner at La Hacienda Ranch! It was soooooo good! We ended our evening at Mat & Shanna's where we celebrated the boys' birthdays with cupcakes! This was Austin's first time to eat cake... much less chocolate. And you can tell by the pictures that he LOVED it!




Taking a catnap after dinner!

Not sure about this whole cupcake thing....


Ok, it tastes pretty good!


Is it all gone?


Look at how big he's getting!



Shane thought that posting one picture for each month of his first year would be a bit much, so I'll go with one every quarter (can you tell I'm a CPA???)

March 14, 2008


1 month old


3 months old


6 months old


9 months old


1 yr old


Some new things Austin is doing these days!

*Austin and Max play together a LOT! I guess that's what happens when you don't have a sibling! I'm amazed at how Max has adapted to Austin's mobility- I wasn't sure how well he'd do. He is also so gentle with Austin! When Max gets mad at us, we usually get a playful bite, but he has never once done that to Austin. One thing I am concerned about is that Austin is spending too much time watching Max- as I caught him eating grass and cat food this week. :) ha ha!

*He is becoming a bit more picky about food. He is starting to show a dislike for carrots, peas, and chicken nuggets- or maybe he's just sick of eating them! Other than that, he'll eat just about anything!

*Austin takes 2 bottles a day- one before he takes his afternoon nap & one before bed! We have introduced whole milk, and should phase out formula completely within a week.

*He is crawling a lot faster, and pulling up on everything. His favorite thing to do is go round and round the coffee table, or along the couch to the end tables & back. I have a feeling that walking could happen pretty soon. I also have a feeling that I'm not ready for that yet!!! :) Oh, and he loves pulling up and turning on the bathtub faucet to play in the water....


*Austin is now forward-facing in the car seat- and LOVES it! He enjoys looking around & also being able to see me & Shane in the front seat (or in the rear view mirror.) We were a little concerned that facing forward would make him carsick, but we've seen no evidence of it so far!



Happy Birthday to the two most important people in my life- I love you guys!
Stats from Austin's 12 month appointment:
Weight- 26 lbs 3 oz (90th percentile)
Height- 31 3/4 in (95th percentile)
Head- 47 cm (75th percentile)
He got 2 shots in his arm this time- and cried but got over it within a minute or so! Whoo Hoo- that's wasn't so bad! As a treat for how well he did at the doctor, Austin had a peanut butter sandwich when we got home (1st one ever) and scarfed it down!)

16 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

We love both of those birthday boys too! Glad it was a fun day of celebrating, with even more celebrations still to come!

myra said...

Happy Birthday Shane and Austin! Yay for lots of birthday celebrations!

Kim P. said...

Happy Birthday to your boys! Sounds like it was a fun day to celebrate! One year went by fast, didn't it??

Kristen said...

So fun! Happy Birthday Austin and Shane. Cute post! I can't believe our babies are 1...wow--time does fly!

Dallas said...

Wow! A whole year since you have had him. Happy birthday Austin (and Shane). Have fun at your party!!!!!!

Alyssa said...

Happy Birthday Austin and Shane! It sounds like you had a great birthday, and we look forward to lots more birthday fun ahead!

Briana said...

What a lucky girl! You have two adorable boys now. :) Happy Birthday to both, and just so you know, you can never post too many pictures!

Shanna said...

I'm happy we were able to celebrate together. We love you and look forward to more cake-eating fun on the 28th.

Austin's Aunt Shanna

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday guys!!

Keith-Suzanne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!!

Lana said...

Happy Birthday Austin! I can't believe it has been a year. He is such a cutie. Happy Birthday to Shane, too:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Austin & Shane!!!

Emiley said...

Happy birthday Austina and Shane!

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday to both of your boys. Cannot wait to see the pictures from the party!

Amy McCown said...

Happy Birthday. I can't wait to see pictures of the party.

Jody said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY AUSTIN!!! You are too precious! We are so thankful you are so healthy and happy.

Shane~ Happy Birthday. It was great to see you. I hope your 33rd year is FANTASTIC!