Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Little Longhorn & Lubbock Trip

WARNING: There is a lot of burnt orange in the follow pictures!

We had a wonderful weekend! We visited some of our best friends, Zach & Christy, in Lubbock! They had never met Austin, and we had never met their little boy, Payce (4 mos)! We also got to see their home- which they have completely re-done since moving in! I LOVED IT! I've decided we need them to come and fix up our place, and I'll have Christy decorate while she's here too!

Anyway, we drove to Lubbock on Friday morning because I did a Pampered Chef party for Christy & her sister that evening- it went fantastic & is actually the largest party I've ever done! Saturday was more relaxing! We got up & Zach made pancakes- yummy! After getting ready & watching a little ESPN Gameday, we watched some football before heading out for lunch! We got lots of looks in Lubbock.... they didn't like the burnt orange I guess! :)







After lunch Christy and I went shopping while the guys watched the babies, and then Christy fixed a wonderful tortilla soup for dinner. Of course the highlight of the day was the longhorn game that evening- Hook 'Em Horns! I'm glad we have friends like Zach & Christy that share our love for the Texas Longhorns! We enjoyed brainwashing our children together!







We left on Sunday morning- so the trip was way to short! It was great to spend time together with our good friends... but it made me realize how much we miss them & wish they lived closer! Plus I know Austin would enjoy having his buddy, Payce, closer too! The boys really enjoyed one another this weekend & it was fun to see Austin interact with another baby (he loved playing with Payce's fingers!) Thanks to the Taylors for hosting us this weekend- we are already looking forward to next time!


On a completely different note, Austin has started the phase where he drops things on the floor intentionally & waits for me to pick them up. Fun times.

Boo! We're getting ready for Halloween!


One more funny one of Austin with his mouth open- it looks like he's roaring!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad y'all had a great time. Looks like Austin did too. I love his hat!

-Austin's Aunt Shanna

Beth said...

Love the "warning"! Glad to hear you guys had a great time, looks like both the boys liked meeting each other. :)

Dallas said...

Looks like fun! There was a lot of orange :). I just loved when my girls were little babies and they would get to interact with other babies...it's always neat to see how the act!

Kristen said...

So cute! :)
What a great weekend.
Way to much burnt orange..j/k!

Molly Page said...

Have to admit that the game on Saturday was NOT the highlight of my weekend (being a Mizzou alum...).
But, I'm glad someone enjoyed it

You are the most photogenic family!!! Thanks for sharing the shots.

Taylor Made said...

We miss you guys and wish we had more weekends like this last. Austin was so fun and it was interesting to see where Payce will be @ 7 months. Thanks for coming and for putting on a fabulous show! We will have to make the show and annual event and the visits obviously more often!

tiffnh2002 said...

I mostly lurk on your blog but I had to drop by and check out the longhorn love. Hook em!

Kim P. said...

That bib is so cute! I'm glad you got to see the Taylors. I miss all of you! You should all just move back to Austin.

Joe and I may be calling you about crashing at your place on the way to Tulsa for Thanksgiving. I'll email you later with details if it looks like it will work out. I'd love to get our boys together!

Jody said...

Love him in the orange! It sounds like you had a great time.
Let's meet up soon.

myra said...

So fun! Glad you got to hang out with friends. I LOVE the ghost bib! It's adorable!

Cindy Helf said...

Since I'm trying to longer be a blog stalker, I thought I'd let you know that I thought of you this weekend. I was in San Antonio for a conference (boring!), but I drove through Austin on game day. So exciting that Texas is #1! Even though it's not the Aggies, I have to be excited about a Texas team at numero uno! Anyway, we look for you guys at church every week - we need to get togther before Austin is a teenager! :)

Whitney said...

Cindy,
Do yall still sit in the same place at church because we are always looking for yall too!

Brooke said...

cute! are you dressing him in anything for halloween? guess i'll have to wait in earnest for a post! glad your weekend was fun!