Here are a few new things that Austin has been doing this month:
1- Austin is rolling over from his back to his belly! Now I know that 7 months might be a little late for some babies, but it took him a while to get to the point where he would even roll over from his belly to his back. We're so proud of him! Of course he's rather be sitting/standing over laying on his back/belly any day! He loves playing by himself too- especially to look at books!
2- He has his mouth open all of the time. It's not just when he's smiling, wanting food, or teething. I notice he does it a lot when we hold him up in the air. Austin also enjoys chewing on Mommy & Daddy (our fingers, shoulders, chins, whatever is available.) Obviously that is more related to teething!
3- Austin is trying more foods! He's eaten all of the stage 1 fruits and veggies, and now we've moved on to the stage 2 fruit combinations...which he absolutely loves! I'm planning on introducing some of the meat ones in the next few weeks! Austin has also had sweet potato puffs a few times and still doesn't know what to think of them. The texture really confuses him- but it's a good laugh for us!
Austin eating a puff! After a few, he likes them though!
4- When Austin is on his stomach, he tries to pull his knees up underneath him. So he's on his way to crawling- but hopefully not too soon! Shane says he thinks it will be a while because Austin has a lot of weight to pull up on those knees. Nice.
5- We have successfully changed Austin's sleeping schedule! He now wakes up around 8am & goes to bed around 8pm. He also takes a morning & an afternoon nap (between 1-3 hours each!)
6- He has learned to completely put himself to sleep- which is absolutely wonderful. We have a little routine for nap time & bedtime where we change him into footed PJs, rock him for a couple of minutes, and then lay him in the crib. Usually only once a day he fusses (typically at night), and we sometimes go in after a while to reassure him & put his paci back in his mouth. But most of the time, he's out before I shut the door!
7- Austin likes to pet Max. I'm actually surprised that Max is okay with this, to be honest. But he always comes over to where Austin is sitting and lays next to him. I even caught Max sitting outside of Austin's door last night when he was crying himself to sleep- sweet kitty was worried about him. Anyway, when he is sitting next to Max he gets all excited & starts kicking his feet and squealing. And then he tries to touch (and sometimes grab) Max's tail. It's funny- until he hurts Max & playtime with the kitty is over.
Max always sits on the arm of the rocker in Austin's room... until we make him leave. He's protecting Austin, I guess! :)
And I'll leave you with one of my favorites- I always love a cute profile shot!! It must be those cute cheeks!







16 comments:
Canon took a little longer to do all that stuff too. He was a little bigger also. I love chubby babies! He is precious. I love his smile. :)
What a Cutie!! WOW he is doing so good in the sleeping area. Could he come talk to Katie and rub off on her??:)
So glad you got his schedule changed. we have that schedule and it is great! Love his routine for nap and bedtime. So cute! Do you change him into pjs for every nap or just at night.
Sounds like our babies need to rub off on each other...mine would rather spend all their time on their tummy and roll EVERYWHERE and will not sit up at all. So funny! Maybe they could teach each other. Love the pics, so cute!
Cute pics of a cute boy. Happy 7 month birthday Austin! The months are going by so quickly!
What a great shot of those cheeks!
As a mamma of three biguns, I have plenty of experience with them doing things a little later than most, but believe me, they catch up and overtake them all soon enough!
Wow 7 months! I know he is just so fun to watch. Everything is exciting and funny. I love the puffs eating - new textures are so fun.
He is such a cutie. He has such a great little smile. I am glad that things are going well.
whitney, that baby is so cute. i'm so jealous of the naptimes! em was never a napper! even now, down to 1 nap, only 45 mins to 1 hour, and that's on a good day. it is so incredibly aggravating!
you are right, the profile is awesome!!!
What a cutie! He is growing so fast! I love that last picture. He looks like he is storing the next weeks worth of food in his cheeks. Cute!
Oh my goodness! He is just precious! We are ready to meet him in person over here.... ; )
Hugs,
J
I think you have the cutest little guy! He should be the new gerber baby!
Oh my, those are some cheeks! So cute! Enjoy these last weeks with a non-mobile baby. :) He'll be everywhere before you know it!
austin is so cute!...and i can't believe it has already been 7 months! i forgot to make a comment on your other entry...love the football shirt!
I have said it before but he is the cutest! It is hard to believe he is already 7 months!
Post a Comment