I was a little worried that it was just a coincidence, so I tried it again all day yesterday & today- and he's done GREAT. He actually wants to be put directly in his crib and fall asleep on his own... fine by me buddy! He usually talks/fusses for 5-10 min and then he's out! WHOO HOO! So much better than having to walk/rock/sing him to sleep like before.
My next obstacle is trying to change his schedule. Currently he stays up until almost 11pm & sleeps until after 10am. While I enjoy sleeping in too, we can't keep that up. So I'm gradually waking him up earlier every morning until I can get him on more of a 8pm-8am schedule!
Oh, and he has officially transitioned to 2 naps each day! He sleeps for 3 hrs in the morning, and then 2-3 in the afternoon. If his afternoon nap is short, then he'll take one in the evening before his last bottle! My little baby is growing up!! Yeah, yeah- save the comments... I know he's not little.
So farewell swaddle blanket- we've loved you for almost 7 months!
A few more cute pictures from today~







15 comments:
Have I ever told you that I want to marry that little boy! He is so dead gum cute I can't stand it!! Do people tell you that all the time? I have to meet him. HAVE TO..
J
Love the pics! Glad you tried the footed pjs, we love ours. Isn't it great when they put themselves to sleep, it is like heaven!!!
Hope changing the schedule goes well. :)
Thanks for catalogs, got them today.
I was sad when we said good-bye to the swaddle blanket too. The footed pjs are so cute. I love baby pjs. It sounds like he is a pretty good sleeper.
He's so cute in his little footie jams. :) Neither of my boys were ever fond of the swaddling, but I've heard from many parents that it's can be hard to break. Glad it was so easy for Austin.
I'm very curious how you were able to switch him to 2 long naps a day? Drew still naps 4 times a day...all less than an hour. I'd love for him to take longer naps, but he can barely stay awake for 2 hours at a time. And I won't get into how much worse he's doing at night these days. Let's just say I'm very jealous of your good sleeper!
I am so proud of Austin! (and you and Shane too). Those transitions are hard, but it seems like he did great with it. And in the long run, you are going to really like having him in bed a little earlier and up a little earlier. Hope last night went great too!
It is so very hard to believe he is alreay 7 months old. I really hope we will be able to come for Christmas to meet him! Just know if we do not get to come it is because it is hard to go that far away because of the schedule we have to keep for the kids to be with their other families and not because we do not wish to be there.
Hey, good for you! Whitney, is it possible that he's getting cuter with each post?
I agree, he is getting cuter with each post. :) Yay for getting himself to sleep. That is so important for mommy too. :)
He looks like a frog in his jumper! So cute. - Leah
Yea Austin! Camryn gets cold easily and slept in footed pajamas and a sleep sack for a long time. Now, she just cuddles under all her blankets :) Transitions are tough... but it sounds like he is doing great! Austin is just so cute!!!
What a cutie pie!!
Glad getting rid of the swaddle blanket went well. Molly didn't have quite the success that he did.
Oh, how I wish we were just now cutting down to 2 naps! Molly is now cutting her morning nap and now we are down to 1 nap and it's rough.
So cute! It was essential for Gabe to be swaddled...and Gavin well that's another story. He's currently sleeping with me whih I vowed to never do. :)
Austin is getting so big!
Awh, hard to give up the things that have been a normal part of his short life. Sounds like he is a easy going trooper! Just two weeks and I get to verify the cuteness I have seen on your blog for 7 months!
His little footed pj's are too cute! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend!
Very cute! I love him!! And I love babies in footed pjs!
Post a Comment