Monday, July 21, 2008

4 Month Appointment & Call Out to Blog Stalkers (**UPDATE BELOW**)

Austin's 4 month appointment was today, and here are the stats:

Weight- 17lbs 6oz (90th percentile)
Length- 25 1/4in (65th percentile)
Head Circumference- 42.2cm (50th percentile)

Overall, the appointment went pretty well- until it came time for shots. He was already in desperate need of a nap, so the shots just made things unbearable. Of course I cried again. I didn't sob like last time though! He's fine now- taking a long nap!!

Now for pictures! I figured I'd take a few in his diaper only- to show off his cute chubby self!




In addition, I wanted to do something that one of my friends did on her blog... a call out to blog stalkers. You see, this happens to me all of the time- I'll be talking to someone and they mention something about my blog. Now, I had no idea that person was looking at my blog because they NEVER COMMENT! So, if you are reading this right now- you better leave a comment because I want to know who all is reading! You have no excuses because I have changed the settings back to where anonymous bloggers can post- just make sure to type your name after the message so I know who the comment was from! Now I'm not asking everyone to leave messages every time they view the blog (although that would be really nice), but I'm asking this special request today! :) Come on, do it for Austin....

**UPDATE: It's Wednesday, and Austin just rolled over for the first time! Whoo hoo! I was thinking it was never going to happen!**

55 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitney,
I knew he had to be about the same size Shane was at that age. Shane's stats at 4 months was 17 lbs,12oz and 25 1/4 inch long.
I'm sorry Austin's vaccine experience has not been a very easy one for either of you.
He is so precious. Can't hardly wait to hold him again.
Love to all of you. Sharon

Jenni said...

he is a cutie!

Briana said...

I love his little chubbiness! Reminds me of my little chubby babies. I know we are not the only ones, but Matt and I call him Baby Lumpy when we refer to him. He's so cute.

Elizabeth said...

Of course I am always stalking your blog!! Love the pictures of Austin in his diaper.

~aj~ said...

Delurking to say hi! I recently found your blog (can't even remember how) and I love seeing pictures of sweet Austin. My youngest is just a few weeks younger than him.

You have a beautiful family.

Mom said...

Hi Whitney,

I have no idea how I found your blog. I have enjoyed reading about your sweet family and precious little boy for the past few months. I have a daughter named Whitney and 3 1/2 month only grandson. So reading your blog has been fun!

Julie Walker said...

He is so cute!! Love your new layout!

Beth said...

Love the new blog and LOVE Austin's pic! He is so adorable!!!! Ok I know I say that every time but seriously, he is cute!

Dallas said...

LOVE your new look...super cute! I'm laughing also because at the dr. last week, Elyn weighed 17.4 and she is 9 1/2 months old. I LOVE LOVE LOVE a chunky baby and have been sad to not have one. Maybe our last one will be chunky!

CM said...

I love your new blog layout! I read your blog regularly, but I usually have a little boy squirming on my lap so I don't always comment. Cute pics of the little guy! :)

Anonymous said...

look at those rolls! just like his daddy...at that age. :) love ya!

- Austin's Aunt Shanna

Teale said...

I can't remember how I found your blog...
I've enjoyed reading about your family, you have such a cute little boy! I'm currently pregnant and due in September, expecting a girl. :)

Jody said...

Love the pictures... hate the shots! I feel ya girl. It really doesn't get much easier... at least not for me!
He is a doll!!

maria said...

What a cutie! I remember taking my kids to all of their 'month' appointments and recording their percentiles. It just seems like time goes by so fast! BTW, I love the new look of your blog--I'm going to have to get in touch with Traci to work on mine!

Melissa Halford said...

I'm here and HOLY COW...that boy is getting big. Way to go mom! We just went to the Dr. at 21 months old and we FINALLY weigh 21lbs! He is such a cutie!

Kim said...

LOVE the new look! And Austin's thighs are too cute..wish I could give them a pinch! :)

Andy & Deborah said...

I can not get over how he's grown. He's so cute! Hopefully, one day I'll get to see him. Your new blog looks great and thanks to you I'm blogging away. It's a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. I check your blog everyday. I'm serious! Keep those pictures and updates coming. Love to you all!

Tanya said...

He definitely seems like a healthy little boy! And I love the band-aids on his legs...

Taylor Made said...

Do you take it back??? Sick of reading comments yet??? Ha, Austin is so cute and chubby! Glad you posted some nearly naked pics. 17 pounds, I bet your arms are begining to look like a body builder!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you changed that back. I love your new layout. Mr. Austin is growing so much and he is a perfect mix of you and Shane.

Alyson said...

The new blog design is very cool! I hadn't checked it since last Tuesday, so it's great to see all the new pictures of Austin. Now, go schedule some Pampered Chef shows! :)

Kim P. said...

Austin is a cute happy chunky little boy. I'd say he's outgrown Ryan by now in the weight department! And I comment all the time, so you know I read your blog =)

Cindy Helf said...

Who can resist that sweet face? Of course I read your blog! I know I have been terrible about seeing you face to face, but I do still keep up with what's going on! Hope to see you soon!

Amy McCown said...

I have been reading, but I usually get interupted when I am trying to comment - you will know what I mean in about 16 months. Austin is such a cutie. He is so much like Layton was at that age - happy and chunky with no hair. I love it.

Heather said...

Hi, I found your blog somehow through Tesney (Pearce) Davis. Your baby is absolutely adorable!!

Kim said...

Well my goodness-that boy gets cuter (if that's possible with each post). Nice and chubby just like I like-the way all babies should be! (All 3 of mine were chunkers anyway!)
Happy 4 months, Austin. You couldn't be any cuter-go jump on a magazine cover!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog! Religiously every day. And I know Joe does...and my cousin Kasey does...so thats 3 from CT. I love the new blog look!

And when are you bringing Austin to NE? He has people he needs to meet up here.

abc said...

Not sure if I've commented before or not. But, I love to hear and see how your little one is progressing. He's just adorable. Oh, and I really like your new blog layout.

love- ashley (brady) chandler

Tiffany Norris said...

I think I also found your blog through Tesney when I was looking for bloggers in the Fort Worth area. (My husband and I moved out here last year.)
Your little boy is a cutie!

Kristen said...

you know I read...:)
I ALWAYS comment.

Heather said...

I'm here too!

Chris said...

It looks like I am blogstalker #31...We went to Harding together what seems like forever ago. At the time I my last name was Long...I check your blog out all the time. What a cute family!

Kelli said...

I'll admit I'm a blog stalker! Your son is so dang adorable! Like your new blog layout too!

myra said...

I love Austin's chub pics. Too cute!

April Cogburn said...

He's the cutest chubby baby I've seen! I regularly check your blog, but since I have a 2 1/2 year old, running around while I'm usually at the computer, I have limited time to comment "most" days. Right now she's busy so I can comment. Glad you are enjoying motherhood.

April

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney, I found your page thru Kristen thru Jenn Mall. I don't blog but I do have a facebook page. You're one of the blogs I lurk on, it's so addicting finding faces from the past:0
Congrats on Austin!
Amy Revier Shell
fourshells@cox.net

Elizabeth said...

See...I am a blog stalker. I have already seen your update for today. You will have to post a video of Austin rolling over!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Austin! Way to go!

- Austin's Aunt Shanna

Natalie said...

Hi Whitney,

I'm Janell's sister-in-law, and I linked into your blog through the A Team. Your son is absolutely adorable. Seeing his happy face is always a bright spot of the day. We are expecting a boy in late November, so I enjoy reading all of your experiences. Keep up the great blogging.

Natalie

Jody said...

Woo hoo! Way to go baby Austin! Mobility is crazy, but it really can be fun! I love watching them explore. It gets really cute when they explore and "talk" about it!
Gotta love it. Isn't this parenting thin awesome???
J

Anonymous said...

Whitney,
I wanted to post and say hi. Your blog is so cute, and your little boy is adorable. It is so great to be in touch with you. What a shame we live in the same area and never run into each other. Glad to know you are doing great!

Sara said...

Hey Whitney, I do read your blog!! I was in Ju Go Ju with you at Harding. I found your blog through the Satterfields! Your little boy is adorable!!
Sara Jo

Holly said...

I love your new look!

Robyn said...

Whitney- Hey-you probably don't remember me but I went to Westover years ago and we actually took a trip together to Women of Faith with Julie W and Christy M. Anyway...I found your blog through one of the other girls and love keeping up because Austin was born I think about a week before my third baby. We were due on the same day. So it is interesting to keep up. It is not fair however, you don't look like you've had a baby at all. He is such a cutie pie! Yes, I love blog stalking! Your new page looks great- I also love, love your nursery-my sister had a boy and she took inspiration from some of the things you did in your nursery for hers. I had to show her your blog :) Congrats on your perfect little family!

LB said...

Hey Whitney! I don't know if you remember me, but I am Karie's best friend from high school. I came up to Harding a few times . . . I have been checking in on you since I found out you were pregnant. I had a little girl in May! (my second) Austin is a cutie!

Kelli said...

Busted. I never know if people want strangers commenting. I found your blog through Happings... (I've never left a comment there either). So hello. Your little one is adorable with all his chubbiness. I used to call my youngest Chubby Bubby but now he's thinned out.

Kelli

lauren said...

I'm reading! I still can't get over how cute he is! I just want to pinch those cheeks so badly! I love chunky babies!!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know...I love being updated on Austin! It's so nice to be a able to have a way to see what is going on with all of y'all back in Texas! Hope all is well.
Adrienne (and Brantley)Pearce

mrs boo radley said...

Hey--just came across your blog tonight. So cute! Don't know how I got here. Your babe is darling!

Leah

Kasey said...

Whitney,

Austin is so cute and I LOVE your updated blog design. I'm also glad that you're updating more regularly - I was having withdrawls there for a while after the almost daily pregnancy updates. You're doing a great job with Austin and I love to read about it!
Brigid's cousin, Kasey

Unknown said...

You have the cutest baby ever!

Jennifer Dukes said...

Whitney,
Austin is so sweet. Now that I have the correct address for your blog, I will be stalking you often. Such an awesome blog. Wish we could get Austin and Gage together.
Jennifer Dukes

James said...

Hi Shane and Whitney,

I was checking out blogs today and saw your healthy boy. I'm glad to know you all are doing well. Come back to Austin again sometime.

Molly Page said...

Whitney,
Ummmm... I am admitting to being a blog stalker. I don't know if you even remember me, but I found a link on my cousin Amie's blog. I've been a loyal reader ever since! I'm impressed that you have such a loyal and vast following!!! Your adorable little one is quite an incentive to check your page, I have to admit.
Thanks for sharing your life and thoughts for our entertainment :)
Molly (used to be Becker)

Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney. I'm Karie's cousin and I enjoy browsing her "favorites" list on occasion. Your little one is a cutie. You are welcome to visit my blog and check out my little one. You can link from Karie's page. -Laila