Monday, July 14, 2008

4 Months Old

Can you believe he is already 4 months old? It seems like just yesterday that we found out I was pregnant! In honor of Austin turning 4 months old, here are 4 new things about him:


*Sleeping- After GiGi spent time making him a new swaddle blanket that fits, he STILL manages to get his arms out within 3 hours and is awake because he's cold. This is not fun for Mommy & Daddy because we are getting up 1-2 times a night to either re-swaddle or feed him. SO, we are trying to transition Austin into a sleep sack. I figure this way his feet are still restricted, but his arms are free!


*Cooing- Over the last week Austin has stopped cooing as much as before. I've noticed that he only talks when he is really excited. Instead, he spends all of his time watching very intently as we talk. I know he is studying how we use our lips to make the sounds & I'm anxious for him to start trying to copy us. When he does coo though, the sounds are more advanced than before- he changes his pitch a lot!


*Movement- Austin is enjoying tummy time more than he did before. He will lay there for at least 5 minutes and lifts his head up to look around. He has started to rock a little in an attempt to turn over too! But his favorite thing to do is to lay on his back in our laps and then we hold his arms while he pulls himself up into a sitting & then standing position (all by himself!) He has SUCH strong legs!


*Eating- We haven't fed him rice cereal in over a week because he just seems to get so frustrated when he eats. I've tried feeding him at different times of the day, making the cereal different consistencies, etc. It seems like he enjoys it at first, but after a few minutes he gets irritated that he cannot get it in his tummy fast enough. So he starts screaming until we give him a bottle. This does not surprise me though, he's always been such an aggressive eater..... if you couldn't tell by looking at him. :)

So that's about it! We had an uneventful weekend- which was nice after our busy July 4th holiday weekend! I'll get Shane to scan Austin's 3 month picture so everyone can see it!

***Oh, I fixed my layout to where you can click on the pictures to enlarge them again- sorry!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sooo cute. I think he looks just like you!!

Kristen said...

That is neat about the sleep sack. I hope that works for you. We just sleep in footy pjs. Sorry about getting up so much! I hope that ends soon so mommy can have more sleep.

Kim said...

Happy 4 months, Austin!

Keith-Suzanne said...

gosh he is getting so big! I love that picture where he is cooing.

Kristen OQ said...

We were HUGE fans of the sleep sack. Seth literally slept in one until he turned 2 and they didn't make any long enough. Even now, I wish he sometimes still had one -- every night I go in and have to cover him up, because he is cold and had kicked all covers off his body to the foot of the bed.

He is a cutie -- can't wait to hear how he likes the exersaucer!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! We loce the Halo sleep sack - have you tried that one? We made the mistake of trying Halo's last and it is the best out of all the others for sure! the zipper design makes diaper changes so easy. We got ours at Halosleep.com, but know a bunch of local places carry them and have gotten the bigger sizes on Amazon and BabiesRus. Have fun!