Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th Weekend

What a fun weekend we had with both of our families in town! On Friday Shane's parents, sister, and brother-in-law came over for the day. Not only were we celebrating Independence Day, but Shane's Dad's birthday! We grilled out hamburgers & my mom made a wonderful strawberry cake for Gary's birthday! Everything was delicious!

On Saturday we all switched houses and spent the day at Mat & Shanna's house! Again, we had a wonderful meal & Austin got to spend more time with his Gran, Papa Gary, GiGi, and Papa Jim! He was very tired when we got home that evening though!

Sunday we went to eat mexican food with my parents- they always try to get their mexican and BBQ fix while in town! After that we did a little shopping and then headed to dinner with some of my Dad's family! We had a fantastic time visiting with Tammy, Judy, & Chelsea! Austin had a meltdown on the way home from dinner- probably a combination of gas & being extremely tired. Of course it about killed my mom to see him get that upset. Now they know he's not a perfect baby ALL of the time! :)

Today Shane is working while we get things done around the house before my parents leave to go home this afternoon! It has been great to have everyone here this weekend, and I know Austin enjoyed spending time with his grandparents! Here are some fun pictures from the weekend!

Oh, and thanks to GiGi for making Austin a new swaddle blanket!

Gran & Papa Gary with Austin
Mat & Shanna Gary's Birthday Gran & GiGi with AustinAustin & Mommy Papa Jim & GiGi with Austin Playing with Papa Jim Family picture He's starting to chew on his toys more!Look at those chubby legs!
Cute boy
Laughing at silly GiGi This one just makes me laugh

14 comments:

maria said...

I'm so happy that you got to spend a wonderful weekend with family. Its so neat to see pictures of Shanna on your blog too--its been too long since I've actually seen her in person (10 years+). You'll have to pass on a hello from me. Anyway, I love the pics of Austin as always--he looks so cute!

Wendi said...

Looks like ya'll had a lot of fun with the family! And of course.. Austin is totally cute :)

Andy & Deborah said...

Sounds like you all had a GREAT holiday weekend! I love to see your pictures and can not believe how big he is. Family get togethers are wonderful and a blessing from God. Cherish those times! I'll be checking in later!

Brooke said...

yea i am your first comment! sounds like you had a great 4th! austin is just hte cutest thing ever!

Kristen said...

So fun! What a great weekend. I love family weekends...so great! But, so tired when they are done! :)

Kim said...

That boy is adorable and I bet tons of fun to squeeze on!
Kim

Taylor Made said...

I have noticed the same looking through Austin's pictures... definitely good taste! Glad your parents got to visit. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Kristen OQ said...

That last picture reminds me of that Easter picture of Sam at that same age.

Glad you guys had a fun weekend. Everyone looks like they love to love on Austin!

Keith-Suzanne said...

Cute!! Gosh he is getting so big! I just want to rub his head and pinch those cheeks!

Amie said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! It's so great to see pics of your mom and dad!...pass on a hello from me! Austin is so cute...I think he kinda looks like your dad! Glad you guys had a great 4th!

maryann said...

yOUR LITTLE MAN IS SOOO PRECIOUS!!! LOVE THOSE CHEEKS!!!!!

myra said...

Fun times! Austin is just so cute! I'm so sorry we didn't get together when I was in Ft. Worth a few weekends ago. You know how wedding craziness goes.
BTW Happy late Anniversary. Glad you had a good time celebrating it.

CM said...

Great pictures of you and Austin! It looks like you had a great weekend together. :)

Jody said...

I really thought that Austin looked like Gary (Shane's dad) until I saw him with your dad! WOW! He is just too cute!

It was fun to see everyone together on your blog.
J