Thursday, May 8, 2008

Newborn Pics

Thought I'd share a few of the newborn pics that we had taken of Austin! I'm really pleased with how they turned out, and ended up using 3 of them on his birth announcement (I'll get Shane to scan the announcement so I can post it!) If you're needing a good photographer in the DFW area, keep Laurie in mind! She's just starting out her business, but does an amazing job! Her website is http://www.laurieherreraphoto.com/ (you might recognize a cute little baby boy on her website....)

Several people have also asked about Austin sleeping through the night- so here's an update! He is still sleeping through the night, but not consistently. One night it will be 8 hrs, the next 6 hrs. Unfortunately he continues to sleep less and less during the day- which drives me insane because I cannot get anything done! Oh well, I guess it's a good trade off!
In honor of his 8 week birthday tomorrow, here are 8 things about Austin!
1- He smiles at Shane & I a lot now (and no, it's NOT gas!) I love that he can interact with us finally!!!
2- Austin enjoys watching our cat, Max (although Max doesn't seem too fond of that crying baby being too close to him!)
3- He screams like a little girl when we have to burp him during feedings- he loves to eat and inherited impatience from his mommy.
4- Austin loves his bouncer! He could sit/sleep in it for hours... which I love.
5- He is looking more and more like his daddy everyday (we will be posting a picture of Shane as a baby soon so that everyone can see the similarities!)
6- Austin loves to go on walks! He enjoys looking around and listening to all of the new sounds! And mommy can work off some of that baby weight that is still hanging around.
7- He doesn't sleep well if it is too light in the room, if there is too little or too much noise, or if he's not swaddled (I know, that's really bad.)
8- Austin is the most precious baby in the world, and we are so lucky that he is ours! I can't imagine our lives without him now!












































10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So cute!! Loved the announcement. Miss you guys.

Beth said...

Love your 8 - how sweet! And I hope he gets consistent with 8hrs sleep and naps a little more during the day. :) And of course, love the pictures!

Kristen OQ said...

Walk on over to my house on one of your outings! I haven't seen him in almost 2 weeks and that is too long for my liking...

And think you can't get anything done now? Just wait until he starts crawling! ;)

Kristen said...

Cute pics! I love them! :)
YAY for sleeping through the night! We just started 2 nights ago sleeping 6 hours. Love your announcement. Glad everything is going so well!!! :)

Briana said...

He's gorgeous! Great pictures.

CM said...

We got the birth announcement yesterday - it is precious! You chose some great pics for it. Congrats on having a good sleeper...not everyone is so lucky. And if you think 8 hours a night is good, wait until it's 12 hours - then you can finally start getting caught up on your own sleep!

Kasey said...

I LOVE the pictures but I want more! I can't beleive he slept through the pictures - he looks so peaceful. What a blessing!

Kim said...

Happy 8 weeks Austin!
(and mom and dad!)
He is a beautiful boy. Great pics-I love the feet.

Janell said...

How beautiful is this sweet little boy! I know every person you talk to will have a different opinion, but I must agree with you~ he is looking more like the Lumpkins side for now! However, that could change. HE. IS. PRECIOUS!!!

You are doing a great job! Lots of hugs coming from us. We loved the birth announcement!
J

Keith-Suzanne said...

LOVE those little toes!!!