Weight- 12 lbs (50th percentile)
Length- 23 in (50th percentile)
Head Circumference- 38.8 cm (25th percentile)
So it looks like Austin is pretty average! I honestly thought that he would be at a higher percentile for his weight and head size- but no. He also had to endure 6 shots (combined into 3 injection & 1 oral.) It was NOT fun for any of us. Shane held him while the nurse did the shots. I sat in the chair and cried. At one point the nurse said, "Mom- are you doing alright?" I couldn't even respond because I was crying so hard. It just hurt me so much to see my sweet boy screaming (red face, not breathing, etc.) Shane held his arms and comforted him with kisses on the forehead... but he was still quite upset. After both Austin & I calmed down, we gave him Tylenol and a bottle. He settled down after 30 minutes or so, but I still get teary when I think about it. I know, I have to toughen up because he will get shots for many more years to come.
After the appointment we went to eat lunch at Panera Bread (to cheer us up.. well, Shane & I at least!)
3 bandaids to cover the boo boo's
Recovery= Sleep







13 comments:
Glad to hear you made it through the appointment. I've always heard that taking them for shots is one of the hardest things to do. I like his fun band aids!!! :)
I know how you feel...not a fun day!
Oh, Whitney-that breaks my heart to think of you sitting in the chair crying.
I can totally relate!
(Hey, it will get better with more children-now I just ask the nurse if she's "got her" while I chase the other 2 around the tiny room!)
Awhhhh, poor Austin and mommy too. Hope his little legs are not too sore. Give him kisses!
Shots are hard... and when they get older, it's the first thing they will ask when they find out you're taking them to the doctor's office: "Am I getting a shot?"
Yep, the first shots are the worst. I had to leave the room. But it has gotten easier to endure. Nick also has become a big boy about it too. The last set I was actually able to sit and hold him while they did it. Yes he cried, but I held him tight to let him know it was ok. He has it down now and stops crying w/in mins of the shots....and me too...Ha!
I also dread the first shots. They are the hardest. :( I hope you both start feeling better soon.
Ohhhhh..Those shots are bad. Kiss him a lot today and rub those shot areas so they won't be so sore.
It WILL get better....someday you will be saying "shake it off, shake it off" as soon as he gets stuck or when he falls down.
I'm sorry it was so hard on you.
Love to you all....(Nana) Linda
I hate the appointments with shots. Wes went to all of them with me. I had to stand outside while he got the shots and when they were done I came back in. They do get a little easier as they get older though.
Whitney~
UGH! I hate shots. I still cry especially when Alex was having to get them what seemed like everyday in the month of April. HORRIBLE!!
I am not going to tell you that it gets easier but I do hear that it does. I can picture you ...... so sad!! It's great when the hubby can be there ; )
J
It does get easier. I learned to give the tylenol 30 min. before the appt. It really helped ease the pain-hers and mine both.
He is so so cute!!!!!! how are things going?
Aren't those shots the worst! Next time, she is you can request two nurses to give them at them same time. I do that and it is much better...so quick.
I'm glad you are both feeling better.
Post a Comment