Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful long holiday weekend! Shane was done working by mid-day on Friday, so the 3 of us headed to Central Market & Sprouts to get some fresh meats & produce for dinner! I forgot how much I love shopping at those places.... Wal-Mart just doesn't hold a candle to them (but it sure is cheap!) We came home & Shane fired up his new grill for the first time- he loves it! The steaks were yummy! :)

On Saturday we did a few things around the house & I worked on Austin's scrapbook (almost finished) & my photo albums (up to date now!) That evening we went to church!

Sunday was another day of getting things done around the house & Shane worked in the yard for a bit. Even though it is work, I know how much he enjoys being outside- it's an "outlet" for him like fishing. Meanwhile, I packed up all of my maternity clothes & pulled out my regular clothes. Keep in mind that my regular clothes DO NOT fit me yet, but I figure this will give me incentive to go to the gym... or at least start eating better & going on more walks. That evening we got together with several families from our church small group for a Luau! It was so much fun! We hadn't gotten to spend much time with everyone since Austin was born, so it was wonderful to catch up & also for them to see Austin! They grilled out & then had lots of fun games such as hula hoop & limbo contests. I missed out in participating in both because I was feeding Austin, but Shane tied for 1st place in the Men's limbo! Here are a few pics!

Austin relaxing at the luau












Shane doing the limbo











Kristen doing the limbo











Everyone visiting after dinner & games











Shane & Austin











On Monday Shane power washed the house (what a difference that made), and then we both cleaned out our closet. We have over 5 BIG garbage bags of clothes to take to Goodwill this week. How embarrassing is that? Plus I think we have AT LEAST that much or more in the attic that I stored up for a garage sale that we will not be having! I loved doing garage sales before Austin (when I had the time), but now I'll be taking everything to Goodwill! That afternoon Shane's sister & brother-in-law came over to grill out for the holiday! Mat & Shanna played with Austin for a while & then we watched a movie. I know Austin enjoyed spending time with his Aunt & Uncle- he told me so! Some pics of the day:

Mat, Shanna, Shane & Austin












Aunt Shanna & Daddy with Austin










Austin loves smiling at his Aunt & Uncle











Overall we had a great weekend! We got to spend time with people we love & had a productive weekend around the house! I hope everyone else had a Happy Memorial Day!

Funny picture of Austin in a hat!










11 comments:

Allison said...

What a fun Memorial Day weekend. Austin has the cutest cheeks EVER!!! He is getting so big!!

Kim said...

Hooray long weekends.
A luau-sounds fun!
I laughed when I read you packing up the maternity clothes and pulling out the regular clothes for incentive. I did the same exact thing-I rationalized not having a choice I'd have to do something and fit in my clothes.
Austin is seriously beautiful even though he is a boy!

Beth said...

What a fun weekend! It looks like everyone had a great time! Oh - how's the crib sleeping goin???

Amy S. said...

You all got A LOT done this weekend. Great job! I am so sick of looking at(and still wearing) my maternity clothes as well. I'm so ready to get back into shape!

Kim said...

What a fun weekend!!! I'm jealous of your work on Austin's scrapbook...the boys stuff is still in boxes!

Kristen said...

What a fun weekend! Austin looks so cute in the hat. I am so impressed with his scrapbook. I have not even done the birth. No time over here.

Amy McCown said...

So do you want to work on Layton's scrapbook when you are done with Austin's? I am only on October (sadly only of 2006). I am glad that you had a fun weekend. The maternity clothes will be up in storage before you know it.

Alyssa said...

I am so glad that Austin and his parents came to the luau...I can't wait to see Austin win the Limbo contest next year :)

Joni & Al said...

I am so impressed that your done with his scrapbook so far. I have A page done of Taylor's and she's almost 10 months! Sad.
Austin is so adorable. I love his little, round face. He has the best expressions!
We just booked a ticket to TX for July 23-28 and will be flying into DFW. Would love to see you guys either in Dallas or in Austin. Drop me a line when you get a chance and we'll make plans. :)

Ashlee said...

Wow, you know how to throw a party. It looked like such fun and fabulous weather too! You have a beautiful little family:)

Allison said...

You've been tagged!!