Since Austin turned 10 weeks old yesterday, we decided that it was time to transition him from sleeping in our room to his room (at night.) He sleeps in the nursery during the day, but only for naps lasting 1-2 hrs.
Let me just say that I was quite anxious about it. It felt VERY weird not having him in the room with us- although I will admit that it was nice to be able to have the tv on, have the lights on, and be as loud as we wanted! Usually we have to tip-toe around after we put him down. I didn't like the idea of him being all the way across the house from us during the night, but having the sensor monitor (to let us know if he stops breathing after 10 seconds) really helped to ease my mind! Of course both times we got him up, we forgot to turn it off & the alarm sounded. :)
Unfortunately his feedings got off schedule yesterday, so he ended up eating and going to sleep by 7:30pm (earlier than usual.) Since he had only eaten 5 times instead of 6, we expected him to wake up during the night. And he did at 1:30am, but was back down by 2am (WHOO HOO.) He then slept until around 7:30am! So overall he did really well! I think the main problem was the feeding schedule being off- otherwise he probably would have slept through the night! We'll try again tonight!
UPDATE: Austin's 2nd night in the nursery went great! He slept from 9pm to 7am!







6 comments:
YAY! That is so exciting. I love having them in their crib...we felt the same. It was so fun to be loud in our room. I am so impressed he sleeps through the night. Noah pretty much does, but Emma is still struggling.
I loved seeing him the other day.
See you soon!
Just wait until the first time you leave him in the nursery! Seriously though, I'm glad it went well. It's hard to be away from our babies and not worry but I think they're more resilient than we think =) But be warned...now that I'm used to him sleeping in his crib, having him sleep with me in the same room is exhausting!!
Yay Austin! Keep up the good work!
Isn't it crazy how much we took sleep for granted until we had kids(maybe its because we don't get any that we appreciate it! ;) Anyway, Austin is just the cutest thing! He looks just like you!
Sounds like he likes his bed. I loved watching him tonight, he is so cute!! I was scared Caleb was going to reach over and grab him. Believe it or not, I forgot to give Kristen your gift, I will keep trying.
You are a pro at this parenting thing! I say go for it again! Ha, kidding, but it is awesome that things are going so well. I never doubted you guys, just excited for you.
Post a Comment