Kristen here again:
We are just home from the hospital where we got to meet sweet baby Austin Cole Lumpkins for the first time!
I know Whitney will be able to tell the entire birthing story better, but in a nutshell, after pushing for 3 hours, the doctor finally decided a c-section was the safest and best way Austin should make it into this world!
He arrived tonight right around 7:30 pm. He weighs 7 lbs, 8 oz., and is 20 inches long. He is adorable (of course!) and has a sweet little face with chubby cheeks. His eyes right now seem dark like Whitney's, but he has Shane's mouth. He has just the right amount of dark hair. In a word, he is BEAUTIFUL!
Whitney seemed great when we saw her tonight! More pictures to come from proud Daddy Shane, but this was the best we could do with our camera through the glass at the nursery!
Congratulations Whitney & Shane on the birth of their sweet baby boy! I know Shane couldn't have expected a more perfect present on his birthday!
Austin Cole Lumpkins, just 1 hour old!
Getting a bath with the nursery nurses
Testing out his lungs!










29 comments:
Congratulations! He is adorable, and it is so neat that he and Shane will have the same birthday. Oh-my post c-section advice....get up and walk around A.S.A.P.! It will make a huge difference! I learned that lesson all too well! Hope you are doing great! Love, Jean
What a perfect present! He is sooo cute! :) I hope you are feeling ok. I agree with the last post, get up and move asap even though it will hurt. I can't wait to meet him. That is so fun that he arrived on Shane's birthday!
Hope you are feeling good and get to come home soon!
Congrats and God Bless!
Congrats!! So happy for you!! Can't wait for more updates!!
He looks perfect. Even through the glass his skin looks beautiful. Congratulations, Whitney and Shane! That is SO COOL that he was born on Shane's birthday!!
Congratulations! He is perfect of course! Y'all have fun with this new little adventure, and get your rest!
What a sweet baby boy! We love his chubby cheeks. He is so perfect and we can not wait to meet, hold and love on him. Congratulation to two deserving parents. We are happy all is well and Whitney and Austin are healthy. Love you guys!
Congratulations! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more updates!
Yea!!!! Congrats! He is a perfect little boy! Happy Birthday Shane............
Congrats new parents! Austin is so handsome! I can't wait to meet him in person.
Congratulations! He is so cute and the best birthday present you will ever have. Hannah and I share the same birthday:)
Yay! I'm so excited Austin has arrived safe and sound and Whitney is ok. That's the only important part about the whole birth process, that mom and baby are ok, and there's nothing wrong with having an unplanned c-section =) Joe, Ryan and I can't wait to meet Austin and see you both! My best advice- take all the pain medicine they give you and keep it level in your system. Not only do they help with the pain, they also help with your mood, which is really important after you're home. Joe was great to keep my pain medicine schedule for me that first week and it made such a HUGE difference!
so cute!! congrats!!!!
We are so excited for you guys! You are going to make such wonderful parents. He is precious & we can't wait to meet him in person! I'll second some of the other posts - take your meds every 4 hrs on the dot & don't wait until you are in pain. Don't feel like a wimp if you need them for a while. :) Enjoy that sweet new baby!
Austin is a beautiful little boy. Congratulations and I am praying for you guys.
Yeah!!! We're so excited for you!
What a beautiful boy and congratulations to daddy on sharing his bday! Can't wait to see you all--definitely agree with the pain med advice--watch the clock like a hawk and keep track of it when you get home too--you'll do great! Enjoy Grapevine Baylor's "Spa" treatment!! :)
Congratulations! He is adorable! I hope you are doing well and can't wait to come visit!!!
Congrats. He is such a cutie! I can't wait to meet him in person.
Happy Birthday Austin and Shane!
Yeah! He's here! Congrats Lumpkins Family. He is sooooo cute! Perfect little baby. We can't wait to meet him.
Lots of love from CT!
Hurray and congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it. He's beautiful!
He is perfect! Congratulations and happy birthday to Shane!
AUSTIN COLE LUMPKINS is adorable. Congratulations to you both. You are going to be wonderful parents. I can't believe just 2 weeks ago we were there in TX for your baby showers! We are so excited for all of you...and congratulations to Gigi & Papa Jim and to Shane's parents too.
Love to you all, Linda & Jim
(His 3rd set of grandparents..Nana & Gran)
Congratulations! He is precious. I'll be looking forward to watching him grow on your blog. Happy Birthday Shane and Austin! Good job hanging in their Whitney. :)
Shane and Austin~ Happy BIRTHday!!
Whitney~ YOU DID IT!! You are going to be a GREAT Mom!
Congrats to all of you.
Whitney~ go easy on yourself and just remember, YOU HAD MAJOR SURGERY so be good to yourself! Recovery is hard BUT totally worth it all.
We are sooooo excited for all of you!
Praying for you~
All of us!
Congrats! Yeah for Austin coming early and on Shane's birthday! Can't wait to see more pictures of him. I hope you will recover quickly and easily, since you had a c-section.
Tanya
I couldn't get this to post earlier, but I am so happy for you both that you are parents. Austin is so handsome. We are praying for you!
Happy Birthday Shane and Austin! What a sweet little birthday gift! Congrats to all of you and we can't wait to meet him!
Love
Patrick, Myra and Morgandy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a doll he is! Just a perfect baby boy! I love that he came on his daddy's birthday!! So special!!!
Praying for your sweet family of 3!!
You're a mom!!!! COngrats! Austin is beautiful and a perfect addition to your family! You will be great! And, I'll ditto Jean's C-section advice - walk, walk, walk! The three of you are in our prayers!
He is so cute! I am so happy for ya'll and glad you didn't have to stay on bedrest long. Congratulations!!
Post a Comment