Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

We went to visit Shane's family for Thanksgiving last week- this year we were able to stay for the week! Papa Gary & Gran had some dirt delivered and made it into a fun play area for the kids. I was unsure of how Austin would do... as he does NOT like getting dirty & was not a fan of the beach when we visited in May. But the boy surprised me- LOVED IT.

Climbing the dirt pile with Papa Gary


At the top (he loved climbing up and then sliding down!)


The play area with swings, slide, dirt & lots of trucks and toys to dig in the dirt


No fear


Walking with Shane and Papa Gary


DIRTY and ready for a bath


On Thanksgiving day we had our traditional meal over at Paw Paw & Maw Maw's house! We ate lunch and then stayed around to visit for a while. It was a bad football day for us, so we won't talk about that.

Our family photo- the best we could get with the kid who doesn't like cameras


Shane & I


Shanna, Me, & Sharon


Shane & Austin (another lovely shot of his "I do not want my picture made" expression)


Ashley, Courtney & Stephen


Lindsey & I


Austin sitting on Papa Gary's lap


Slaving away in the kitchen, Maw Maw & Linda


Mat & Shanna


The "kids" table


We had a great visit & I know Austin is looking forward to his next trip to play in the dirt!

1 comment:

Kristen OQ said...

My boys (all three!) would like to sign up to go and play in an enormous dirt pile with shovels and buckets. A little boy dream come true! Looks like it was a great trip.