Saturday, March 13, 2010

C is for Cookie!

Austin's 2nd birthday party was cookie monster theme & it turned out really cute! I had a girl on etsy.com do all of the invitations, signs, favor tags, banner, cupcake toppers, etc... and was so pleased with how adorable they turned out! I just added some fun scrapbook paper to a few things & it was perfect!

The Birthday Boy in his cookie monster shirt


Sign for front door- imagine it hung on door with ribbon (it was cute!)


The party room- our dining room




Cookie Bar


Drinks- had milk & tea in the pitchers and iced water with fruit in the beverage dispenser


Sippy cups for the kids & candy


Cupcake table (was also in dining room)


Cupcakes- I was thinking about doing all cookie monster cupcakes like the top one, but decided against it with the blue icing.


Kid table (in kitchen)




Favor table (balloons were coming out of the vase that has cookies in it). I had this in the entry hall.


Favors (chocolate chip cookies)


We had the party on Saturday 3/13, although he shares his birthday with Shane on Sunday, 3/14! The party started at 3:30, and after everyone arrived we opened gifts. Well, I opened gifts and Austin watched some of the time. He was so distracted by everyone & all of the presents! After gifts, we sang "Happy Birthday" to him (which almost made him cry- he hates all of the attention of everyone staring at him.) So after sticking his fingers in the icing of his cupcake, he decided he'd rather have a cookie..... or two.

Opening gifts


Not so sure about singing "Happy Birthday"...


Trying the cupcakes~


Likes the cookies better (in cookie monster fashion)


Some of the kids enjoying the cupcakes


Reid


Sydney


Kevin & Scott


Austin & Mommy (with my new cookie monster necklace)


Our family


I made 6 kinds of cookies for the cookie bar:

Chocolate chip cookies on a stick


Snickerdoodles


Oatmeal peanut butter sandwiches (top) & chocolate chip (bottom)


M&M


Chocolate crinkles


We were so blessed to have shared this special day with our family & closest friends!

Mat, Shanna & Evie


Papa Gary & Gran


Gigi & Papa Jim- pic taken on his actual birthday, not at the party!


Jared, Leah & Reid Windom


Meredith & Sydney Olvera


Kevin, Kristen, Sam, Seth, & Scott O'Quinn


Jennifer Harten & Lauren, Tina, and Gabby


We enjoyed visiting while the kids played, and then headed to dinner with our family after everyone left! A perfect ending to a perfect day!

Jared & Shane chatting


Catching up with Leah


Few people can make Austin laugh like Jared!!


Our sweet & very tired birthday boy!

16 comments:

Linda A. said...

"C" is for CUTEST kid ever!!! Happy 2nd Birthday my little Austin! Nana loves you!
I love all your cookie monster things for your birthday party. What a wonderful day......your Mom & Dad sure made it SPECIAL for you.

JessBless said...

Wow...I need to ask forgiveness for being jealous of Austin. That is absolutely the cutest birthday party ever. Seriously, people should pay you to be a party planner. Happy Birthday big 2 year old Ausitn!

Prince Edward said...

We loved getting to celebrate your big 2 year old yesterday. Great party!

Briana said...

I agree with Jess, definitely should look into being a party planner, you know, in all that spare time you have being a Mom! :)

Awesome job! Looks like birthday boy had a good time too.

Anonymous said...

Adorable party and one handsome boy!!!
Bendra

Taylor Made said...

Looks like a lot of fun and what a planner you are! You did not leave out anything!! Happy Birthday to your sweet 2 year old and your 30 something hubby too ;)

Kelly said...

What a great party, and you did some serious cookie baking!

Kim said...

Okay-you could be a party planner. Excellent job-I'm seriously impressed ;)
What an adorable party. Austin gets cuter and cuter. Can't believe he's 2.
How did you make all of the signs?? Just so impressed.

Kristen said...

I LOVE it! It turned out precious.Wish we could have eaten all those yummy cookies!

Kim P. said...

Happy Birthday Austin and Shane! You did such a great job decorating! Looks like it was lots of fun =)

Andy & Deborah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN & SHANE!!
The cookie monster showed up in a BIG way! Those cookies looked delicious and I'm sure they were! Whitney, you're such a decorator. Everything looked so cute!

Alyssa said...

What an adorable party! Can't believe Austin is 2!!!

Both of my girls share a birthday weekend with family members, and I love it! It makes the weekends crazy- but so fun!

Amy McCown said...

Adorable Party. You really out did yourself. I love your mirror in your dining room too.

Dallas said...

Wow! That was amazing! You did a marvelous job with the party. so many cute ideas!

Kasey said...

I need one tenth of your creativity and patience - that was the most gorgeous birthday party! I love the pictures of Austin with Mommy and Daddy - what a doll! I can't believe that two years has gone by since I was checking out your belly pictures on your blog!

Allison said...

I am just now getting caught up on bogs. I have to tell you that this is BY FAR the CUTEST birthday party I have seen! Absolutely ADORABLE!!!