Mat dropped Evie off on Saturday morning & they picked her up on Sunday afternoon, and honestly.... it went really well! Evie is a very easy baby, so the hardest part was just trying to coordinate their schedules (which never really happened). Basically when one was up, the other was napping- and it was like that the entire time. Another difficult part (for me) was how chaotic the house seemed all weekend- lots of "stuff" with 2 kids!
The most difficult part was getting ourselves and both of them ready & out the door for church on Saturday evening- and then feeding everyone when we got home. But we survived!
Evie did great & we look forward to the next time she stays with us!
Evie was very curious about the cats (since she does not have any pets at her house.) She especially liked petting Max & chasing Jack!
Notice Max's face- doesn't he look thrilled?
Aunt Whitney & Evie (please ignore the no makeup/workout clothes "look" I'm sporting.)
So am I a natural with 2 or what? :)
Austin was very curious about Evie's bottle
Pulling up
Big smile- she is always so happy
Chilling with Uncle Shane before her morning nap
I love when Austin snuggles up on the couch like this (especially with his daddy)
A few things I noticed & wanted to document about Austin this weekend:
*Austin was EXTREMELY entertained by Evie- always following her around & watching her. When she would make a noise, talk, or giggle... he thought that was the funniest thing ever! I especially noticed it in the car. He probably loved having someone back there to look at!
*He was very good about sharing his toys & kept bringing things over for Evie to play with.
*Austin was not jealous of me taking care of Evie- as I thought he would be. Did that make me a little sad? Yes.
*He kept wanting to do "baby" things that Evie was doing- like eat the foods she was eating, drink from a bottle, put on a bib, play with her toys, etc.
Now just because this weekend went well, don't all of you be hounding me about getting pregnant!!







9 comments:
Oh come on!!!!!!! You look great snuggled on the couch with two babies!
You looked GREAT with 2! You can do it...hope we get to see a "i'm pregnant" post soon! :) ha! just kidding!
I am little nervous about three because I don't have 3 arms! oh my. :) I have had a few break downs about 3.
Evie even looks like she could be Austin's sister. What a fun weekend.
Rylan had ECI for several months when he was younger for motor skills. He had torticollis. I LOVED ECI! The therapists and their approach was perfect for us. I"ll be praying that all goes well with him! :)
Rylan had ECI for several months when he was younger for motor skills. He had torticollis. I LOVED ECI! The therapists and their approach was perfect for us. I"ll be praying that all goes well with him! :)
Aww-they are precious together. Okay, I won't hound...
That is so fun that Austin and Evie are so close in age. Two kids are very managable, but I have had to come to terms with the increased chaos in the house.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! We prayed that everything would go well and that Evie would enjoy her visit. I hope she and Austin get to have a lot more play times together. It will be fun! We appreciate you!
~ Austin's Aunt Shanna and Evie's Mommy :)
No hounding here, but yes, you looked awesome with two. It really is easier than you might think... well, what do I know?!?!
I love the picture of Shane and Austin! Too sweet.
That was very sweet of you to keep her. I am sure her mom and dad are thankful!!!
Looks like ya'll had a great time :)
Post a Comment