On another note, I wanted to document the most recent fiasco with Jack (our adorable FREE kitten.) So after we dropped $400 on shots, neutering, and declawing, I thought we were set for a while. OH NO. After getting his bandages removed from the declawing, he starting licking/chewing at his paws a lot (which I was assured is perfectly normal.) What is not normal? To chew a portion of the pad off his foot! Yep. So we've (mostly me) taken him to the vet 6 times since last Tues. Wrap the foot, unwrap the foot, antibiotics, wrap the foot (bleeding again), unwrap the foot, antibiotics. When it's unwrapped, he starts chewing on it again, so the vet gave us the collar thing- which he HATED. So at this point he is living in the bathroom because of the bleeding... which usually starts when he and max get rowdy. Since we are leaving town this week, it is VERY important that it dries up and heals- otherwise I'll be covering everything in our house with towels and sheets. Oh, and now the tally is up to $600 for the FREE cat. Gotta love pets....
The collar
Bandaged paw
One more note, Austin got his foot stuck in the crib again today! It wasn't as funny this time... and I'm starting to wonder when he's going to figure out NOT to stick his leg through there!
As I previously mentioned, we're leaving for Destin later this week... so I'll try to post when we get back (if not sooner!)
Have a great week!







3 comments:
you are RIGHT! spaghetti is messy! But he wears it well. Great blog!
Can't believe that boy is 18 months old, Whitney!
What a cutie. And poor Jack. And you guys-that is one expensive free kitten!
Austin is adorable...and why do they have to grow up so fast?! I'm glad I'm not the only one down on the pet thing right now. I have often thought of taking the puppy and cat on a midnight ride...maybe they'd stick together and find a good home. hee hee. :)
Post a Comment