Monday, August 31, 2009

Busy busy!

I know it's not a good excuse, but it's true! Shane was in San Francisco for almost 2 weeks for training... so I was just exhausted every evening, and blogging was the last thing on my mind! Well he's back now, so no more excuses!

We've had a busy last few days! First off, Jack had surgery (declawed and neutered.) Poor guy had bandages on his paws for several days & was pretty swollen- but he's all better now! Here's an example of what I DON'T have to deal with anymore. Yes, he did this at least once a day. And that was nothing compared to some of the damage he's done to furniture!

Evidence


Post surgery picture with Shane's mom


Speaking of the cats, I walked into the bathroom today & they were both in this DAZE looking out the frosted window in our bathroom. After a minute I realized why...... BIRDS. Yes, there were 3 birds sitting on the window ledge singing and pecking on the window- it drove Max & Jack crazy... as evident by these pics.





OKAY OKAY- pics of Austin! A few weeks ago Austin was playing in the family room & I heard him fussing a little. So I went in to find him head first in the toy box (feet hanging out the top!) I could not stop laughing & ran to get the camera... but he was already up & playing inside of it before I got back... silly boy!


We enjoyed this weekend as Shane's parents were in town visiting. They were in town for my niece's baby dedication at church. We also spent time on Saturday eating & visiting with the entire family (La Hacienda Ranch- yummy!)

Austin & Daddy at lunch


Evie


Evie & her grandparents (Gran & Papa Gary)


Evie with her Mommy & Daddy (Shanna & Mat)


Finally a few pics from yesterday- we spent some time playing outside after dinner! Austin got all hot & sweaty even though it was only in the 80s today! He was having so much fun playing & running all over the yard! Then we played inside..he was WIRED!
Sticking out his tongue


His hair is starting to curl up under his ears- maybe time for a haircut soon!


The serious look- check out those eyebrows (he gets that expression from Mommy)


Mommy & Austin


Playing with Mommy's sunglasses




Look at those perfect lips (got those from Daddy)


Austin loves looking at books quickly & flipping pages, but not really reading. That probably comes from his lack of patience...



And I couldn't resist one last pic of this crazy boy... what a tough life.


Have a good week!

4 comments:

Beth said...

great pics! good updates! Austin looks like he's growing a lot more hair now, maybe it's just darker in the pics? Anyway sounds like you've been busy but also having fun!

Briana said...

He is such a cutie!

Molly Page said...

How did Jack handle the bandages on his feet? How long did they have to stay on? I'm thinking our cat, Vance, would have NONE of that!

Linda A. said...

Loved the photos of Austin.....thank you, thank you! He is so precious. Can't wait to see him in Destin! Love you all!