Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cabo- Days 1 & 2

So I didn't realize it was going to be so difficult to leave Austin for our Cabo trip. After all, we had left him back in April when we went to Denver. But for some reason, it was SO much worse this time. Probably because it was for a few more days, we were going to be out of the country, and because he is older (and realizes that we are not there!) My mom said he was a little sad the first day and looked around for us, but it sounds like Max had a worse time. Poor guy was depressed for days evidently- aww, I love my boys!

Wednesday
We flew out on Wednesday around lunchtime- direct flight! We arrived and got to the house by mid-afternoon! For those of you that have been to Cabo, we stayed at my aunt and uncle's 2nd home outside of San Jose del Cabo (which is about 30 min from Cabo.) We had planned on going into Cabo for dinner that evening, but were tired and wanted to relax around the house. So we went to this little place up the street called Buzzards for dinner- it was great! My aunt & uncle have become friends with the owners, so we enjoyed a relaxing dinner on the beach while visiting with them! We headed bed early that night because we had an early start on Thursday!

Here are pics of the house- it was absolutely perfect! They even have cars- so we didn't have to rent one!

Front (notice the outdoor grilling area to the right of the house)


Garage and Casita (another room, bathroom, and small kitchen area)


Our bedroom (one of 3 in the main house)



Our bathroom (you can't even get a good idea of how big that tub/shower is- you could fit 15 people in there!)




Family room/dining room


Kitchen


Back of house






Outdoor shower


Sunken bar with swim-up bar in pool


View out of all bedrooms and family room




*Not pictured- 2 more bedrooms with full baths, study with full bath, powder room, utility room

Before dinner at Buzzards



Thursday
We got up early and headed to meet the shuttle that was picking us up for the zip line tour! We had to ride through a bunch of little towns, and I really got an idea of how the people there live. It made me so thankful to me an American & so richly blessed with everything God has given us. I have to say, if you have never done a zip line/canopy tour before- you NEED to do it! It was probably one of my favorite things I've ever done on vacation! Our group was 14 people & also 6 guides. We did around 6 zip lines, rappelling, rock climbing twice, a swing bridge, and a tight rope walk.

Zip line




Free swing zip line




Rock climbing




Rappelling








Swing bridge




Rope walk




Our group (we are in the back)


Our only female guide- we were buddies because I was the only girl to rappel!


Views (notice the zip lines in lots of the pics- they are green)











That evening we were worn out, so we hung out at the pool & went down for a walk on the beach. Then we grilled steaks back at the house & ate key lime pie for dessert. We watched a little tv too- which I love feeling connected to the US while you are out of the country. They have satellite tv, but the funny thing is that it is NYC stations- so everything was 2 hours ahead. I thought it was odd not to be on CA stations instead.. but whatever. Nothing surprises me in Mexico.

Chilling in the pool... and not happy to have my picture taken!

Waiting for a drink at the bar........


Going for a walk before dinner








5 comments:

amber dayton said...

Beautiful pics! I admit I'm a little jealous - that looks like an amazing vacation!

Kelly said...

Ummmm, could your aunt and uncle adopt me? I'd be a wonderful niece and would gladly keep a good watch on the house for them. :)

That place is amazing! I've never done the zip line...looks like a lot of fun.

Briana said...

Wow, and more wow! That is beautiful! Looks like a great vacation!

Joni & Al said...

Awesome pictures! Seriously, do your aunt and uncle rent their place? I am organizing a family vacation with Al, Taylor, parents and sister for somewhere in January! ;) We're considering renting a place in Mexico or Domincan!

christy said...

WOW!! Looks like an amazing place!!! congrats on your 10th anniversary! (and you look great in a bikini - not fair!!!)
And your little boy is just precious!!!