Monday, August 4, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

Well I sure am! Can I tell you how EXCITED I was last night when the first pre-season football game was played? Granted I have no ties to the Colts or Redskins... but it was great to have some football on tv again! I will say that Jason Taylor (Dancing With The Stars) was looking mighty fine in his new Redskins uniform last night though. Anyway...the 3 of us settle in on the couch with a blanket and some food, and just enjoyed the evening! We have been looking forward to the start of the season- so we can begin brainwashing little Austin!

For those of you that don't know, we are huge Texas Longhorn fans & love college football more than anything! But in the last few years I've started enjoying NFL games too, and of course love the Dallas Cowboys. But I will watch ANY game.

Now most ladies find this odd. When we go to parties on the weekends, the ladies sit & visit while the guys watch football. I try to be social, but am usually sitting in a spot where I can at least see the tv! Most of the time I just give up and go join the guys though. Do I have any other fellow female football fans out there??? Wow- try saying that 3 times in a row.

As for those who plan on leaving nasty comments about me not posting pics of Austin this time- BACK OFF. I know there are a lot of you reading out there (thanks to the blog stalker call out), but most people are not leaving comments and I feel as though my hard work is just not being appreciated. So, you will just have to wait a few more days.... :) Ha Ha! I just haven't taken any pictures lately, so I'll get on that!

18 comments:

Kristen said...

I love football! So glad it is that time of year! We LOVE NFL at our house...we are not really college fans that much unless it is OU--Boomer Sooners!

Joni & Al said...

I'm right there with you! Al loves that I love watching football with him and actually understand the game. Yes, we are a minority I think. :)

Jenni said...

I watch a lot more football than a lot of other girls too....though I'm not particularly attached to any one team....so, yes, I can see where you are coming from.

Kim P. said...

I love watching Texas Tech play football. I'm definitely more of a college football fan than NFL, and especially the big 12. Texas better watch out for Tech this year!

Kim said...

I'll admit it...I am a female football fan! Ever since Jason played at HU we have enjoyed the sport together. It's sad that I feel like friends with Lee, Kirk and Chris on GameDay... and when I met Brent Musburger I got all flustered! College football is the greatest, but I'll definitley watch me some NFL too!

Andy & Deborah said...

I like football, too! I'm glad to hear that I'm not by myself when it comes to sports, but girl, you've got it bad! :-) You go, girl!

Wilson said...

Sounds like you had great family time! We are not as much into the NFL but into college football, so yeah for football!
Tanya

Briana said...

Yup, we watched last night too! It was fun to think that football season/fall is finally coming. :)

Alyson said...

I'm the one who, when informed that a pre-season game needed to be watched in my household, said "See ya!" and went upstairs to watch Army Wives. :) I tried to learn about football years ago, but I just can't seem to get into it. Maybe I'll give it another go this year since it's so important to Josh and the happiness of our household depends on UT winning!

Amy McCown said...

I have followed football a lot more closely since I have been married, but I have always enjoyed watching the game if I like the team playing. I do love College game day. Kirk, Lee, and Chris are part of the family once football season starts.

Elizabeth said...

I remember a certain someone telling me a few years ago how she could not imagine taking care of a child, because she and Shane loved laying around on Saturdays watching football. HA!! Glad you will get to introduce it to Austin soon!! And I am expecting pictures of him to be posted soon!!

Kelly said...

Wade was thrilled that Tate sat in his lap and watched a good portion of the pre-season game the other night.

I'm not near the die-hard as Wade, but I do enjoy watching the Cowboys. I won't watch random games of teams I don't know, but I do like a good game...although a close one makes me really nervous.

Cindy Helf said...

I have decided that since you are so good at comments, I will try to improve at this! :) I am also a female who loves football - unfortunately, I do not like the same teams. I can't stand the Cowboys (that's the result of growing up in Houston), and I will cheer for Texas if they are playing against anyone but the Aggies. Anyway, thanks for all of your comments, and I will try to longer be just a "stalker."

Keith-Suzanne said...

OMG you are such a weirdo watching football. LOL. just kidding. well maybe not. Keith doesn't care for football so much, but basketball...games are on. And soccer out the wazoo. Now what I will sit and watch is a REAL sport....hockey!!! go STARS!

Beth said...

Go Horns!!! I can't believe it's starts in just a few weeks, woohoo! I wish you guys were still in Austin to go to games every weekend with.

Kelli said...

I love football too! My mom raised me on football, not only because she loved the sport but also because she said I needed to like it for my future husband, LOL. My husband is a HUGE fan and we were both SO excited to see football on TV too.

Heather said...

We live and breathe football in my house. But we are die hard Tech fans... I guess we can still be friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay...I guess I am a blog stalker because I love reading your blog, but never comment. Apparently I have to comment now so I we can get more pictures of Austin!!!