Thursday, August 14, 2008

5 Months Old

I know I say this every month, but can you believe it???

This is the serious look :)


In honor of Austin turning 5 months old today, here are 5 things about him!

*He is starting to play with his toys a lot more- not just trying to put everything in his mouth (which he also does.) If I put him in the exersaucer, he will touch the toys so they make noises and turn- it entertains him for up to 45 min sometimes! He also enjoys watching Max more than before (which makes Max a little nervous, I think.)


*Austin smiles and giggles A LOT! Besides him being fussy at bedtime (learning to go to sleep on his own), he is a very happy baby! He also giggles when you kiss his neck & belly or tickle him!


*He's growing more hair! I'm sure it's not very evident by the pictures, but it's because it's growing back much lighter than before. I had light brown hair when I was little and Shane was VERY blonde! And his eyes have turned brown, if you hadn't noticed!


*I THINK he is getting his 1st tooth. You are probably thinking, "You don't know if he is or not??" These are the reasons I think he is: a bit more fussy than usual, lots of drool, chewing on things more than usual, sleeping up to 18 hrs a day, and I feel something hard on his lower front gums. But I can't confirm it because he won't let me look! I've seen a little white speck though, so I think that's it! Hopefully I can get a picture soon!


*He's started laying his head on my shoulder when he's falling asleep. Usually I cradle him, but if I hold him upright on my shoulder he just keeps his head up and look around. But now he lays his head down and turns it to the side (and fell asleep like that last night.) It may not seem like a big deal, but I've been waiting for him to do it- it's SO sweet!

So happy 5 months to my sweet little boy! Your daddy and I are so blessed to have you in our lives & we love you very much!
Going for a walk in his stroller (without the infant carrier- for the first time!)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My nephew is the cutest baby in the world! I can't wait to play with him.

Austin's Aunt Shanna

Kristen said...

What a big, sweet boy! Can't believe our babies are growing so fast. We are trying to get our 1st tooth too! we are doing all of those things~he is sooo precious! That is awesome that you can walk without the infant carrier. YAY! Glad we have blogs so we can keep up!

~aj~ said...

I love the 3rd pic you posted. The one with the great big smile. So cute!

Drew fell asleep on my shoulder for the first time this past week. I know exactly what you mean about it being the sweetest thing.

Taylor Made said...

I bet it is a tooth! He is so cute and I can imagine how cute his smile will be with a little white tooth on bottom. He seems to like his stroller. What a precious baby!

Briana said...

What an amazing and adorable little guy! Y'all are so blessed! He's growing ever cuter every day. :)

Kelly said...

What a cutie! I think he's at the stage that is so much fun...enjoy!

Kim P. said...

He's so sweet in the pictures! You've got lots more fun ahead of you too! I remember being so excited when Ryan first started playing on his own. It's so neat to watch them think and learn!

Joni & Al said...

Happy 5 months Austin! I can't believe it's already been 5 months. Of course, I can't believe that Taylor is turning one tomorrow either. Who knew time could fly by so quickly! You are doing an excellent job documenting Austin's world one month to the next. He's such a cutie!!

Kim said...

AWWW! He is ridiculously cute. Those rolls are too much!
Yep, it certainly sounds like teething. They can show signs/symptoms of teething months before actually cutting one. So, you'll know when you see the white!

Elizabeth said...

He is such a happy baby. Can't believe it has been 5 months already!!

Wendi said...

I LOVE the smile! He is so adorable and I can't wait to play with him in a few weeks :)

Amy said...

Those are the most adorable pictures, I love his legs! Sounds like teeth - lots of fun ahead. He just looks like so much fun.