On Saturday morning we got up and headed out to surprise all of the great grandparents (yes, we didn't tell any of them that we were visiting!) First we went and saw the Lumpkins side of the family & then over to the Baker side! Austin has a wonderful time meeting his great grandparents! I am so amazed that Austin still has 5 great grandparents living (4 on Shane's side and 1 on mine!) What a blessing! We were also able to visit with some of Shane's aunts, uncles, and cousins!
We headed home on Sunday & are recoving at home today. Traveling with a 5 week old is NOT easy! I'm still amazed at how much "stuff" we had to take with us! Okay, here are pictures from the weekend!
Four generations of Lumpkins- Great Grandma & Grandpa Lumpkins, Papa Gary, & Daddy with Austin
Four generations of Bakers- Great Grandpa & Grandma Baker (Paw Paw & Maw Maw), Gran, and Daddy with Austin
Napping on Gran's shoulder
From a few weeks ago.... Meeting his Great Grandma Anna
Hanging out with Max on Austin's 1 month birthday!







10 comments:
How fun! Isn't it amazing how much stuff you have to haul for something so little? Weekend trip isn't just for my weekend duffel anymore...we pack like we are staying for a week. Its also really funny, you call all your family the same thing we do. we have a GiGi, Maw Maw and Paw Paw....I guess I just don't realize how common they all are.
Looks like you had fun though. Hes already getting so big!
What fun! And you're right about traveling with an infant being hard. When Morgandy was 1 month we went to Del Rio for Thanksgiving with Patrick's grandparents. What should have been a 5 hour trip ended up being 9 hours! I'm glad that we went and had Thanksgiving with family, but I don't think we'll ever do that again.
Congrats on making that SIX hour drive!! We still have not made that trip. Those pictures are all precious.
I hope you are doing well.
Way to go on traveling! :)
I am impressed.
We aren't doing that until the end of may...I am getting nervous already.
Love the pictures!
Let's get together soon.
Your baby is precious! How amazing is God! I am really glad I now have your blog so that I can keep up with you and your sweet family!
I was tagged. So, now you were too! Go to my blog and see the questions I would love to hear you answer. Although there are two posts about being tagged, (I got tagged twice within days of each other;)), you can pick which one you would like to answer if you haven't already done one from someone else. I can't wait to log onto your blog and see your responses.
Thanks,
Ashlee
Traveling with an infant definitely is more challenging, but it's worth it to make sure your little boy gets to have time with his great-grandparents! He's very lucky to have so many, and you know you won't ever regret going. Ryan and I are flying to Amarillo without Joe for the first time in May, so we'll see how that goes!
He is the cutest little thing ever. I am glad you made it back. Isn't it amazing how much stuff a tiny little baby needs:)
Great Grandparents are such a blessing, many don't have them nowadays. I didn't
How wonderful that all of the great-grandparents got to see Austin. I'm sure that made their day! Great pics!
Post a Comment