Monday, December 31, 2007

Updated nursery pictures

Wow, this is quite the impatient group! I'm sorry for not updating sooner, but my mom & I were working on the nursery up until we left for Christmas- and we just got home on Saturday evening! So here goes:

Close up picture of crib fabric & letters


















Close up of paint & new chair moulding (khaki on top, chocolate brown on bottom, white rail.)


















Coming in the door- changing table with chocolate brown baskets, khaki glider, new drapes, lamp (still need a white table next to glider.)


















Close up of lamp (we were still making it- hence the pins to hold the glue until it dried)



















Close up of drapes (chocolate brown with turquoise blue polka dots)



















Changing table & shelf that I painted. I also made the cute ABC blocks on top that match! The pillow is from our guest bedroom, but my mom is going to make the same shape out of the paisley & stripe fabrics.



















Moving over a little- showing the redone armoire (sanded, painted, new hardware) Those are picture frames on top of the armoire right now.














More of the armoire & the crib (my mom still has to make the ties for the bumper- to hold on to the railings.) She is also making more crib sheets in different patterns & hopefully a blanket out of the polka dot fabric & a soft minky fabric! The mobile is little white & cream lambs with turquoise & brown bows around their necks.














Close up of bumpers- made of paisley fabric with polka dot fabric on top, bottom and sides. There are also small brown/white sheer polka dot bows on the inside of the bumper. The ties will be a solid brown fabric matching the bottom of the crib skirt. The crib sheet also has a small pattern to it, but is hard to see in the pics!














Obviously we need a few more things on the wall & to sit around, but I'll work on that as time goes on. :) I can't wait for people to come and see it in person! I'll be posting later this week about our Christmas with more belly pics- I'm getting HUGE!

13 comments:

Karie said...

yeah!!!! i am so excited to see the nursery pics!!! wow, ya'll have been busy little bees!!! it looks great! love all of the fabric choices, paint, and accessories!!! i know you are excited to see it coming together!

Kristen said...

Love the nursery! It is very cute!
I can't wait to see it in person too.
I hope you are doing well and had a great Christmas!

Lana said...

SO CUTE!! I love it and love all the colors. The room paint looks great. I also love the color of Austins name on the wall. I want to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

Finally! :) I LOVE how it turned out, sooo cute!!!!

Amy McCown said...

The nursery looks great. I am impressed at how far along you are on it. Love the letters above his bed. Very cute.

Kim said...

Super cute! I love it! You have been quite busy! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen OQ said...

I can vouch for how cute it really is after seeing it in person last night! I love it -- the only thing missing is sweet Austin.

You guys have done a great job on all the decorating!

Jody said...

PRECIOUS!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney and Shane! The nursery is adorable. I really enjoyed seeing you two this weekend, I just wish you could have stayed the extra day. Love to you both.

Joni & Al said...

Oh my goodness! It looks so fantastic Whitney! You guys have some great decorating and sewing/crafting skills. It definitely becomes more "real" once that nursery starts coming together. :)

Keith-Suzanne said...

Wow! The nursery looks awesome! Very impressed with your decorating skills. I wish I had half that talent. I remember when we finally got our nursery done, I put a cabbage patch kid in the crib just to see what it would feel like having a baby in there. Didn't do it much justice. HA!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to see it in person! Looks like you guys had a busy Christmas.

Christy T

Smang said...

So cute! You guys are such the DIYers! Now you need to come to my house! :)