1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper! I love to wrap gifts and have big bows on top!
2. Real tree or artificial? I grew up with real trees, but Shane and I have opted for artificial- mostly because of cost. Our tree is pre-lit, which is another favorite of mine!
3. When do you put up the tree? Almost always the weekend after Thanksgiving! This year I put it up the day before Thanksgiving because I knew we'd be busy afterwards!
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years because we are traveling until then.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but in small quantities- it's rich! My Uncle Jim got me started on it when I was little!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything Barbie or Cabbage Patch Kids!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents because they will buy for themselves whatever they don't already have.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister-in-law, Shanna. She gives me a very long detailed list of options in mid-November! Talk about being on the ball!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? That's a horrible question! I honestly can't think of anything!
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! But this year we are not sending out Christmas cards since we'll be sending out baby announcements a few months later!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation or Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually before Thanksgiving, but don't finish up until a few weeks before Christmas! I can't stand waiting until the last minute and then braving the crowds at the mall!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Desserts- especially pumpkin & pecan pie! And any type of holiday baked goods/candy!
16. Clear lights or colored? Clear (for both inside and out)
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like them all, but I do love the new Josh Groban "Noel" CD!
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? We go to Shane's family for Christmas Eve (when they celebrate Christmas), then drive back to Dallas on Christmas morning to celebrate with my Dad's family. After Christmas we celebrate with my Mom's family either in Ft Worth or Amarillo (this year it's Amarillo.) We do Christmas with my parents whenever we can fit it in! But when we have kids, I want to spend more time at home!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, if I sing the song.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It's always been Christmas morning for me, but with Shane's family we open everything on Christmas Eve– which took a while for me to get adjusted to!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people are greedy & don't appreciate the true meaning of Christmas- it's not about the gifts.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Spending time with family & friends, visiting, & EATING!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Joe's family loves the movie Christmas Vacation too =) So much in fact they watch it EVERY year. We even watched it this past weekend when they came to celebrate early Christmas with us, but I didn't get in trouble falling asleep in the chair before it's over since I have the pregnancy excuse =) Have a Merry Christmas!
Whitney, I remember your Mom when she looked like that with you. How excited we were waiting for your coming. Happy Christmas, Love Betty
Post a Comment