Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What TV shows are you addicted to?

So every year I tell myself that I will NOT let TV shows consume me, but they always do. It really is embarrassing to see how many shows my DVR records each week- here are just a few!

Dancing With The Stars (ABC- Mon 7pm/Tues 8pm)

Now I cannot stand any other dancing/singing reality shows! I mean, I loathe American Idol (don't hate me.) But I'm totally into DWTS- especially this season! I'll admit that I even vote! For those of you who didn't know me in college- I was the biggest 90210 fan EVER. Yes, it's quite embarrassing now when I think about it. Even so, I'm really wanting Jennie Garth to win this season! Go Kelly Taylor!! Honestly I think Sabrina Bryan has the best chance of winning- how is it possible that she's already received a perfect score in week 4??? And as for Cameron Mathison- I don't care how he dances, he's just nice to look at!

The Bachelor (ABC- Mon 9pm)

Brad Womack- he's from Austin, TX... enough said. Seriously though, this is one of my favorite bachelors so far, and I've watched EVERY season through good & bad. I love Brad's southern accent, that he's a gentleman, and most importantly that he cannot control his laughter when one of the ladies does something stupid! Now this season's ladies are pretty typical- the psychos, the blubbering idiots who cry after being cut after 2 dates ("I could imagine him as the father of my children" WHAT???), and the ladies that aren't afraid to show some skin. I personally like Jenni the best, and can't wait to see Hillary & Deanna get kicked to the curb!

The Hills (MTV- Mon 9pm)

Either this season isn't as good as the past seasons, or I'm just getting really tired of Lauren. Is it just me, or is she intentionally trying to lose all of her friends? I mean, I don't like Justin-Bobby anymore than the rest of you.... but just leave Audrina alone about it already. She'll figure it out... eventually. As for Whitney, she needs a good storyline because all she ever does is have conversations at work with Lauren about what she did the night before- BORING. Now Heidi & Spencer- that's some funny stuff. I love that she is finally going to call him out on not working! Seriously, all he ever does is sit around the apartment & spend money. Sounds nice to me!

Grey's Anatomy (ABC- Thurs 8pm)

Another show that doesn't seem as fantastic as past seasons- but I'm still glued to the TV every time it comes on! I'm so anxious for George & Izzy to get together already! I know it's wrong, but they are just so right together! As for Derek & Meredith- I'm so over that. I just wish they would both move on. Derek hooking up with her sister would actually make the show a bit more exciting, don't you think? Does anyone miss Addison? I'm watching Private Practice, but can't decide if I like it or not. I think she needs to return to Seattle Grace.

The Office (NBC- Thurs 8pm)
The Office is one of the few shows that actually makes me laugh out loud while I'm watching it! I think it's especially funny to people that have worked in an office environment before- am I right? I'm so happy that Jim & Pam are finally a couple... I'm just wondering how long it will last. I also think it was a smart move for the producers to bring in Andy- he & Dwight together are hilarious! If you don't watch this show, give it a try.
Friday Night Lights (NBC- Fri 8pm)
This show along with The Office are the only two shows that Shane & I watch together- so we never miss them! Being that I LOVE football and all, it was inevitable that I'd love this show. The fact that it's about high school drama makes it that much more appealing to me. (90210, Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill) I still don't like the fact that Eric isn't the head football coach anymore, but I'm hoping they resolve that storyline in the next few weeks & bring him home!

Desperate Housewives (ABC- Sun 8pm)
Who loves this new Katherine character? She's awesome! I'm dying to know more about this secret that she's keeping, and I love the fact that she drives Bree crazy! I'm getting a little tired of the Lynette/cancer storyline & I think the Susan/Pregnancy thing is going to get old too! But I've heard that the too cute gardener, John, is coming back into the picture in a few weeks. So will Gaby cheat on Carlos (who she's cheating on Victor with)? What a wholesome show this is!

23 comments:

Kim P. said...

My shows Joe and I watch every week are The Office and Til Death. I think they're both hilarious! We also watch Texas Tech football in the fall, which is fun. I also am hooked on Heroes, but Joe decided not to watch this season. I record a bunch of other stuff but those are the only ones I HAVE to watch on a regular basis =)

On another note, I'm definitely missing Gilmore Girls..that was a great show!

myra said...

I never really got into Grey's but I have been watching Private Practice and really like it. Maybe it's because I don't have any Grey's baggage :). Patrick and I LOVE The Office too. It's nice to find something to watch together b/c we have such different tastes. He's started watching Friday Night Lights and thinks I'll like it so I'm going to give it a try. Like I need another show to be addicted to. :)

Chez said...

I love this post. I'm a total TV addict too. You should really try How I Met Your Mother - it could be another one you and Shane watch together. It's SO funny, kind of like Friends if you're into that kind of thing (which as everyone knows, I am). Also, I totally agree about Desperate Housewives. Thank goodness for DVR. :)

Briana said...

No fair! We have given up cable TV over the summer, and I would really like something entertaining to veg out to. :(

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, what would we do without fall TV? I have so many shows dvr'd right now that I need an entire Saturday to catch up! You KNOW how much I love the Bachelor this season too, I mean come on, of course the Austin guy is the best one yet! :)

CM said...

I used to have so many shows, but can never seem to watch anything with regularity now. EXCEPT, Dancing with the Stars. I LOVE THAT SHOW!! Who was the genious that came up with that one? For real, it is so fun to watch!

April Cogburn said...

I love watching Dancing with the stars! Of course my favs are Sabrina Bryan, Jenni Garth, Jane Seymoure(sp?), and Cameron Mattheson.

I also love The Bachelor, and Jenni is my fav too.

I haven't watched any of the others.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

hey whit!! I LOVE that you watch Friday night lights I tell everyone to watch it so they won't take it off because I think it is so good. It is so realistically like my high school; well so far not this season with the dumping of the deadman in a creek because West Texas doesn't have creeks but I love it; also love the Office and Grey's thank goodness for TIVO; plus I have clients at night so TIVO is my hero; hope all is going well!!!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

hey you need to add my ACU adventures to your frequently read blog!!!!

Amy S. said...

LOVE Friday Night Lights and The Office. I used to watch The Bachelor but now I CAN'T STAND IT! The couples never work out and it gets on my nerves! :)

Kristen OQ said...

I DVR several shows, although I am better this fall than I used to be! Most of them are not shows I have to watch immediately that night, with the exception of the Office.

On my "season pass" list right now:
Chuck (my fav new show this fall); Heroes; The Hills; Grey's Anatomy; The Office; Desparate Housewives; and this one is embarassing...Days of Our Lives (which I am wondering why is absent from your "addicted shows list!"

Lana said...

I so love your TV show run down. We have talked about my TV addict ways. I am so loving, Greys, DWTS, The Unit (Charley got me on this one),The Office,The Hills, Heroes, Survivor, Numbers. My worst guilty show is the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader Tryouts. DOn't know why but find this very interesting : ) Love your post!!

Whitney said...

Kristen- Now I never said those were ALL of the tv shows that I'm addicted to- only a few! For those that care, I also watch/DVR the following: Private Practice, Survivor, Extreme Home Makeover, Real World, Oprah, and Days of Our Lives. During the summer is Lagune Beach/Newport Harbor & Big Brother! I told you that I'm a tv junkie!

Karie said...

whit, i was almost laughing out loud reading this post! some things never change, right!!! i am in serious need of a dvr and have already vowed to have one at our next house! i'm sure that will help me get addicted to some of these shows too!!!

Keisha said...

You make me feel so much better about all the shows that I watch/dvr!!! I'm addicted to DWTS, The Hills (whitney needs some depth!!), The Bachelor (you can't even get into the Chuggin' Monkey now! one of the clubs brad owns. 'cause it's so packed all the time), Desperate, Greys, and on & on & on!! Hey we preggos have to rest, so why not watch tv while we do it!

Allison said...

wow whitney we could totally be tv bffs! im hooked to the same shows. i too am not sure about private practice, but i am still giving it a fare go.

we dvr survivor (i haven't missed a season)...and i REALLY think matt could kick some major bootie on that show! i love the biggest loser too. sooo inspiring! OH and i love big brother! my summer fav!!!

now you have to keep up with your tv reviews! I am such a tv junkie as well!

Amy McCown said...

I am getting caught up on our American TV watching. I love The Office, Desperate Housewives, and Heros. We also watch the Amazing Race, Lost, and October Road when they are on. We have a sling box hooked up to Wes parents TV so we can set the DVR to tape what we want. Are there any new shows for this season that are a must see? I do like the Hills and Laguna Beach, but if I taped those I think that I would get too much harrassment from Wes.

Jody said...

WHITNEY~ YOU ARE PREGNANT!!!??!
THAT'S AWESOME! So sorry I am just doing my congrats. Things have been a bit wild around here!
We are PUMPED for you guys! It's great to be a MOM! Tell Shane congrats!
T.V.?? We watch the office but after the kids go done at 7, that begins my workout time! However, I LOVE T.V.... and I could sit and stare all day. Morning shows: TODAY and the The View. Afternoon is always Oprah!!
Lots of love~
Janell

Come see us please!!!! ; )

Anonymous said...

We love DWTS and can't miss it. I like to watch Bachelor when Jack isn't around. Just can't wait for American Idol (sorry Whitney. I like to wait until there are twelve contestants, though.

Anonymous said...

We need an update!!

Joni & Al said...

HA! I love your summaries. I am also a Hills fan (shame!), Desperate Housewives, Grey's and Friday Night Lights. I have also started to DVR Jon & Kate Plus 8 on Discovery Health channel. It's pretty cute and makes me realize how easy I have it with just one baby. ;) Oh, and I watch Brothers and Sisters after DH.
Hope your pregnancy is still going great!

Kristen said...

Can't wait to hear about your nursery ideas too and what you are having! :)
We have to do things so much sooner with two just in case I go on bed rest.
Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Mark on DWTS was surely to go really soon, but losing 34 lbs, wow! It's been a strange week for that show.