Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Are we finding out if it's a boy or girl?"


I cannot tell you how often I'm asked this question! So to clear the air- YES, we are. It's funny to me that people even ask (especially if they know me at all.) I'm such a planner & I hate surprises!

So the next question is... "WHEN?" Well, that's up in the air. At my last appointment I asked the doctor when my next sono would be. I wasn't very happy with her response. I thought she's say at the next appointment (which is actually next week.) I will be almost 19 weeks at that point. But her office doesn't do the sono until at least 20 weeks, and evidently they are NOT flexible on this. So we have to wait until the next appointment, which will put me at 23 weeks (end of Nov.) Uh... this is killing me!

Another favorite question surrounding this topic, "What do you think you're having?" Honestly, I have no idea! At first I thought boy, then girl. Then I had a dream it was a girl, then a dream it was a boy- so I'm clueless. Shane's hoping for a boy & I'm hoping for a girl, but obviously we are both going to be thrilled with a healthy baby no matter what!

I hope this has answered your questions! So what do you think we're having???

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope girl! I want to buy some pink stuff for Baby Lumpkins!!!

Anonymous said...

Girl things are so precious and there is definitely more to select from but a little Shane would be wonderful. A healthy baby is certainly first and foremost!

Kim said...

Hey Whitney! I found you through Janell's blog. Congrats on your pregnancy!!! You are going to be a great mom and have so much fun. I was positive that our twins would be two girls...who would wear BIG purple bows no less, so when the doctor said two boys, I almost passed out! But I have discovered that boys are LOTS of fun and they do make some pretty cute boy stuff. It fact my mom and I have both said that we never dreamed we would like boys so much. Anyway, hang in there as you wait to find out. I know the wait will drive you crazy!

CM said...

Danny and I were actually just talking about this last night - if you guys will have a boy or a girl. We both think girl. And by the way, that is SO WRONG that they are making you wait so long to find out!! Danny and I both thought we were having a girl too, and when they told us we were having a boy, we were like, excuse me? We know it's a girl! But I cannot imagine life any different or better than it is with our little guy. I think that's the way it will be for you guys - no matter what, you will be thrilled!

Amy McCown said...

That stinks that you have to wait so long to find out. I am kind of thinking you are having a girl. I would have dreams that I had a boy but the nursery and all of the clothes were pink. Go figure. You should set up a poll on your blog. I am excited for you all to find out.

April Cogburn said...

We thought we were having a boy, and when they told us it was a girl, we were silent. Then I said, "Are you sure? Are you positive?" And then I got all excited because I actually wanted a girl instead of a boy first. We found out at 19 weeks, but that was because we were going on a cruise, so they moved me up to find out early. I have no thoughts at this time of what you could be having.

Lana said...

I am so glad you are finding out what you are having. I will put my guess in there as a girl. You will be happy either way but if you want to hear the railroad track probability in our small group remind me to tell you next time I see you. Who would guess railroad tracks and babies have anything in common :) SO excited to find out either way.

Dallas said...

Our doctor's office did the same thing! We wanted to find out at our 19 week appointment, but had to wait. Annoying! Maybe you could go to one of those 3-D places...just for a sneak peak.

I'm awful at the "guessing" game. Either way, you'll be happy!

Allison said...

My guess is a girl! Can't wait until you find out. Next to actually having the baby, I think finding out is the best day!! Hope you are feeling well!

Kristen said...

Can't wait to find out what you are having, I will be watching for that post. I don't have a guess because I am always wrong. I thought I was have one child so I don't have a clue. :)

Kim P. said...

I'm not sure if I really have a guess for you. Joe and I both were kinda stunned when they told us it was a boy cause we both really wanted a boy but thought it was a girl! I picture you with a girl though.

Just wait on the questions. Once people know what you're having, the next one will be, "Do you have a name picked out?" I'm sure you've been asked that already but it gets worse =)

myra said...

My guess is girl. But I'm not very confident on my guessing although I'm 3 for 3 with other friends.

Sorry they are making you wait so long but on the bright side they should be able to be very certain about the baby's boyness or girlness by that point. :)

Keisha said...

Oh, the questions people ask & the comments they make to your face! It's so much fun. The one I'm getting a lot of lately is "How much weigth have you gained so far?". YEP! People are actually asking me that! (I've only gained 7lbs in 20wks, so it's not like I'm huge or anything) I'm thinking it may be a girl, but I'm not very good at guessing!

Jody said...

Whitney and Shane~
I really don't know what I think. I will have to think a bit longer on this one.... but I'll let you know before you find out. Jody wanted a girl and I wanted a boy. Fun for us we got both! Whitney, there is something so TOTALLY AMAZING about Mom's and their little boys! I am in love with both of course but ALEX steals my heart. Shane needs a daughter to turn his world upside down (b/c she will. Jody is crazy about Addie).
Hugs,
Janell

Emiley said...

I will make my official guess a girl! Whatever they tell you, it will be so obvious at that moment that is what you wanted....it is strange how that works! :)