Thankfully my neighbor & her boyfriend caught me before I hit the ground at full force! It took about 10-15 minutes of getting me cooled down before they could take me home. I remember my neighbor asking "Are you pregnant?" I QUICKLY & with much resentment replied "NO!". Well, two days later I found out that I'd lied to her..... on accident! Not until the next day (after several more people had asked that same question & had also received the firm "NO!") did I start to realize that I did indeed have some of the classic symptoms. So I took a pregnancy test of Tues morning & it was positive before I even finished peeing on that silly stick. Can you say SURPRISE?
Granted this was our 2nd month of trying. But after 8 years of marriage, the thought of our lives changing so dramatically was almost more than I could handle! I felt like the sheriff had locked me behind bars & taken my freedom away! Ok, so maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic- but we were very surprised! But a HAPPY surprised!
We shared the exciting news with our parents- who were all thrilled! This will be the first grandchild on both sides, & the first great-grandchild on Shane's maternal side. My first appointment was in August, and we found out that we were not as far along as we originally thought. Our due date is April 1st, although I personally believe it's more like the end of March. What does my dr know afterall?
How have I been feeling? I'll be honest- I can't complain. I was drained of all energy, and felt sick to my stomach all the time. Thankfully I have not once thrown up- whoo hoo! I changed my prenatal vitamins (props to my mother-in-law for suggesting that), and that made a huge difference! Now that I'm about to start my 17th week, I'm feeling great!
Here are a few pics we've taken along the way- 9 week, 11 weeks, & 16 weeks!
11







14 comments:
Love it!! Miss you guys!!
Congratulations - we are so excited for you guys. And I'm glad you started a blog!!
First of all, I cannot believe Kristen wasn't your first comment.
Secondly, I can't believe she hasn't commented yet.
Thirdly, you look fantastic and is it just me or do all three of your belly pics look the same?! Why couldn't I be that lucky?
Yea for a new blog to read! Double yea for it being a friend that I want to keep in touch with better anyway!
Tesney~
Kristen is in New York- otherwise I'm sure she would have been the first!
As for the belly pics- you are too sweet. I certainly feel a lot different than at the 9 weeks pic- and I sure don't fit into any of the same clothes anymore!
How many friends' blogs links do you already have???!!! Wow, that has to be a record for a 'virgin' blogger. ha Yea for the Lumpkins blog!
I am so glad to know about your blog! Now, I can keep up on Baby Lumpkin~ and we can compare football stories :)
Congrats! I'm happy to have a way to keep up with yall now. Keep posting more pictures of the pregnancy.
I'm so excited for you guys! Congratulations!! I'm glad you started a blog so I can stay in touch better since I'm terrible at calling my long distance friends =)
Congratulations. I am so excited for you and Shane. I am so glad that you all started a blog!
I am glad that you are not feeling too sick with this pregnancy! That is definitely a plus. It's funny how you are eager to start showing soon so that you can wear your maternity clothes, but that time will come faster than you think!
I love the blog - especially the pictures of your little stomach! Love, Mom
I'm so glad to see new "belly" pictures! Yes, you have grown since I saw you in September. And I am so glad you are feeling better.
Had a great time at your house and fun shopping for NC. Love you, Linda
These are too cute. We need a new one.
Congratulations, Whitney!! What an exciting time!!
We got pregnant with Caden the first month we were trying, so we were really taken back, too.
Enjoy!!! (Especially now that you're in the second trimester) :)
Post a Comment