Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas 2008



We had a wonderful Christmas this year- and I'm guessing a lot of it had to do with the fact that it was Austin's 1st Christmas! Plus we have extremely generous family & friends! I will admit though, that I did a horrible job of documenting the festivities with pictures... so here goes.

Christmas #1- Christmas with my parents. We had Christmas with my parents the weekend before Christmas. My parents stayed for well over a week, yet I have not one picture of them with Austin. Isn't that awful?

I think Santa came, and Austin was a good boy!


Riding on one of his new toys


Playing with toys from his stocking


Austin in his Santa hat!


Christmas #2 & #3- We spent 3 days with Shane's family (including the traditional Christmas Eve celebration with his extended family.) We also had time to visit with both sets of Austin's great grandparents!

Playing with Papa Gary & Daddy




Opening presents... although Austin seemed to enjoy the ribbons the most!


Happy baby!


Ahhh...the happy couple


Shane's family (his mom's side- minus Ashley & Mat... we missed you guys!)


Austin with his his great grandparents- Maw Maw & Paw Paw


Christmas 2008


More presents


Christmas #4- We drove back to Dallas and spent Christmas day with my dad's side of the family! Again, I have no pictures of the party, but we had a great time! Lots of good food too!

Christmas #5- For a few days after Christmas, we were able to spend time with my mom's side of the family. We switch off meeting in Amarillo or in Ft Worth- luckily Ft Worth was this year! The only picture I have of the entire time is of Austin playing with my mom- it's a cute one though!



Things have finally started to slow down, and I'm beginning to get the house back in order, the decorations taken down, and Austin back into his normal routine. Only problem- Austin has been sick this week. It's been absolutely miserable- we all have cold/sinus issues. Anyway, it's Austin's 1st time to get sick in 9 months, so that is a blessing. But it doesn't make it any easier. The poor little guy is so confused on how to breathe when he is stopped up, and it makes sucking his paci impossible. Therefor, our New Years celebration involved ordering take out from Cheesecake Factory & being asleep by 10:30pm- exhausted from a long night with Austin. We are officially "old." Thankfully I think we are all turning the corner & will be healthy soon!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! I love his little sweater vest... so cute!! Happy 2009!

Keith-Suzanne said...

Awww poor baby. I hope he gets better soon. Glad you guys had a good Christmas! and I LOVE that Christmas sweater you have on Austin. Too CUTE!

myra said...

I'm the same way about taking pictures with grandparents. Why is that so hard? Having a sick kiddo is the absolutely worst thing I've gone through as a parent. You just feel so bad for them. Hope you're all better soon!

Kasey said...

Love all the Christmas pictures and seeing Austin as he grows up - I can't believe how big he is already! Thanks for sharing your Christmas and good luck with the cold - I thought this was only cold season in CT!

Holly said...

I love him!! He is too cute! So glad I got to hold him for a little while the other night. Christmas is tons of fun with kids, glad yours was great!

Kim said...

Hooray-Austin Christmas picutres! I LOVE the one of him with the Santa hat. Just mail him to me for a few days!

Taylor Made said...

What a fun time! So sorry you are all sick, especially hard when a baby can't breathe! Austin is such a cute boy. Glad you enjoyed his first Christmas.

Lacie said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Did we really think Chritmas was fun before kids??

I'm so sorry about Austin's cold! Though my boys are older my heart still aches when they are sick. I hope he feels better.

Thanks for the kind comment...AND please, print out the list a use it! I put it out there for anyone to use or make changes to best fit them!

Happy New Year!

Kim P. said...

You may not have gotten alot of pictures, but the ones you got were really cute! His sweater vest was adorable! We couldn't get Ryan to keep a hat on so I gave up trying to get pictures with one.

I feel for you with the cold stuff. Ryan has one right now. The good thing is they don't last forever! And that saline spray stuff works wonders, even though they hate it.