Monday, November 10, 2008

Catching Up



Things have been busy around here, so I apologize for not updating the blog in a while! My parents came into town last weekend- and we had lots of fun (as usual.) The flew in on Halloween, so they were able to see Austin in his costume.... for the 10 minutes he was in it (too HOT here.) We also met Shane's sister & brother-in-law (Shanna & Mat) for dinner one night. Shanna brought Sprinkles cupcakes, and they were ohhh sooo good! They helped to ease the pain of the Texas loss to Tech. But we won't talk about that.

Playing with Gigi & Papa Jim


Gigi & Papa Jim with Austin


The twins- Austin & his Papa Jim


The Sprinkles cupcakes (the top ones were Caramel Apple!)


My dad left to go home on Monday, but my mom stayed to help me with Austin for the week (Shane was traveling a lot.) We got a lot of things accomplished while she was here- bought new lamps, a rug, artwork, a big framed mirror for our guest bathroom, painted some things, etc! I'll have to take pictures of everything & post them soon! She babysat Austin on Wednesday night (her birthday) while I did a Pampered Chef party- thanks mom for babysitting on your special day!

Riding the horse (the horse was tired after a few minutes!)

This Friday we went to our friends' house (Wade & Wendi) for dinner! We went to church together in Austin, but Wendi & I have known each other since childhood! It was fun catching up with old friends!

Wade & Wendi with Austin


Whitney, Wendi & Austin


Our family



On Saturday Shane hung new light fixtures in the dining room & entryway while I did some painting in the guest bathroom- they look great! Sunday was a shopping day! We went to get ideas for our Christmas lists & to also start doing some shopping of our own. Well, we left with a few ideas & a bag full of clothes for Austin (not for Christmas.) Ugh... maybe next weekend!

Austin & Daddy



I'm off to take Austin in for his 2nd round flu shot- and not happy about going alone. MAYBE I won't cry this time- yeah right.

UPDATE: The doctor's appointment went well, and Austin only cried for about 20 seconds after his shot (and I didn't cry at all!!!) They also weighed him (FYI- he will be 8 months on Friday.) 23lbs and 10oz! All of the nurses always fuss all over him (they actually go get other nurses and tell them that "Austin is here"... so evidently he is KNOWN in the office!) Shane & I still can't figure out if it's because of how cute or chunky he is? I'm hoping both! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed hanging out with y'all and look forward to it again.

- Austin's Aunt Shanna

Kristen said...

What a fun week! I love getting lots done when we have help. It is soooo nice! :)

Kim P. said...

Ok, those cupcakes look awesome! I'm so jealous you got to see Wade and Wendi! We miss all of you. Looking forward to the visit. Oh, and that first picture on your blog is so cute =)

Anonymous said...

Can't think of a better way to spend my birthday than sitting with my little boy! Love, GiGi

Jody said...

It is always great to have fun with your mom. I miss mine all the time. I wish she lived closer (I know you understand that one)!

Austin is precious (of course).

Kim said...

Love the twins! That's adorable.
And, your 8 month old outweighs my 17 month old! That's about what Kennedy weighed at that age-I just love it-more to squish!

Joni & Al said...

What a big boy!!! That is too funny. I thought Taylor was a little heavy (compared to her more dainty girlfriends), but I think she's about 23-24 pounds right now at 15 months. I can only imagine how strong you're getting!
He is 23 pounds 10 ounces of solid cuteness though. What a sweet boy!

Taylor Made said...

Of course it is because he is so cute...the chunkyness helps the cuteness! Fun pictures and I am dreweling over the caramel apple cupcakes. Can't wait to see pics of the "home improvements".

Ashlee said...

I just want to squeeze his little cheeks! I agree with the nurses. He is a dollbaby.