It's that time again... time for me to say, "I can't believe my baby is already 8 months old." So here are a few things about Austin this month:
*He has 2 teeth (bottom front), and we think he is working on a top one too! Wow- who knew baby teeth could be so sharp?
*Austin loves eating puffs and has started to feed himself! It took him a while to figure out that once he puts his fingers in his mouth, that he has to let go of the puff. Anyway, it's a nice way to keep him busy when I'm cooking dinner! We've tried the sweet potato flavor & cinnamon apple.
*He is enjoying tummy time more than before (especially if we put him in his crib and then play through the slats.) He pulls his knees up & then scoots backwards. I'm thinking he might crawl after all!
*Austin wears 12 month clothes, but some are starting to get a little snug. Maybe it's because he is almost 24 lbs.
*He is going through that clingy stage where he wants to be held all of the time... and mostly by mommy. I know it's because I stay home with him & he sees me so much everyday... but the whole crying when I walk out of the room thing is getting a little old. Maybe it's time to start looking for a play group or mother's day out program...
*Austin eats solid food 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, & dinner), and takes a bottle 5 times a day. And he pretty much likes anything that I put in front of him!
*He can hold a sippy cup and will occasionally take a sip. He likes it more when I add a little apple juice to the water though.... of course!
*Austin has always rubbed his legs/feet together A LOT like a little grasshopper. But now I notice that he does it especially when he is excited! It is his way of letting us know that he likes something. So funny!
Happy 8 Month Birthday to my sweet boy!







11 comments:
I LOVE the monthly posts! I love to see what other babies our age are doing. :)
We are going through that clingy stage even though we have play group every Tues and have a friend to play with 24-7. I think it is the stage. I LOVE it!
He is so cute! I enjoy all the pics!
Can't believe he is 8 months old already! We sure love that little guy around our house.
8 months old!- are you sure you've done the math correctly? How can it be! He is precious and I love hearing about all the little milestones and personality quirks.
Happy 8 months old, Austin!! You're growing too fast and cute as ever!!
What a fun and cute stage!
Wow! 8 months old...and the next 4 will FLY by with the holidays...enjoy EVERY SINGLE second!
That first picture is too cute! Wow, he's definitely got a few pounds on Ryan, but I bet once he starts crawling it'll change some. And that's funny about the grasshopper thing, cause just in the past week Ryan's starting moving his legs like that again when he's excited. Austin is such a cutie!
Happy 8 months Austin! You are too cute and growing up so quickly! Can't wait to come visit again.
I love this little man's face. I wish we lived closer so I could squeeze those cheeks!
i TOTALLY understand the annoyance of the crying everytime you leave the room thing. em still does it and started around 6 months or so. at first it was cute but it got old quick. no advice any body gave me worked. she will still cry if i walk out of the room but now she just follows me crying! oh to the well, at least they're cute! very cute pics, whitney. he is just a doll!
He is so precious, 8 months has gone so fast!
Post a Comment