Well, it's time to start looking for a convertible car seat... yes, Austin has almost met the weight limitation for his infant seat (at 6 months old.) Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions from you moms out there! Tell me which car seat you like & why!

Thanks in advance for the information... as there are so many to choose from.







19 comments:
That was quick. How fun that you get to look at your baby in the back now when he is in that seat. :)
We are so far away from that with Emma...she might be like over 1 year before we even go there. oh well. Austin is sure precious and I hope you are having the time of your life. Austin and Kristen's new baby will be buds...how cute!!!! Like a year apart...that is perfect. Goodluck with picking out the new seat. Can't wait to read all the comments.
Well, I have to say the one you have on display here is the one you need to buy! My Hud has been in that cow print Marathon since he was 7 months old. He is now 3 and we still LOVE it. I HIGHLY suggest the Britax Marathon carseat.....and the cow print is extra cute too!
We have two different kinds. One we registered for and got last summer (Evenflo Triumph DLX) and then one we bought this past summer (Britax Roundabout). This might get lengthy...
Evenflo: Affordable and comfy, but that's where the pros end for us. I can't stand the straps. They are doubled up in a weird way and make it tough to loosen & retighten them. PLUS, they have a weird knob system to tighten and loosen the straps on the side of the seat. I don't likey. The car seat had a good rating in Baby Bargains, so that's why we were ok with the "cons" that other people stated. The cons (the ones I mentioned above plus the fact that it is SO bulky), seemed small when reading the reviews, but now that we're dealing with it in real life, they are enough to drive me batty. I still don't like it even after we turned it around to face forward last week. Oh well.
Britax: LOVE it. It's definitely spendier, but so far no complaints. The straps are easy to manage, plus it's just a one button system to loosen the straps and it's more "streamlined". It doesn't take up nearly as much room as the Evenflo does. I guess the one complaint I do have is that for as expensive as it is, you would think they could throw in a couple of strap pads (the thing that velcro onto the straps by their neck...we had to buy a set). That was one thing that the Evenflo has over the Britax.
Hope that helps!
Everyone I know who has a Britax loves them and they get rave reviews online. If you have that kind of cash to shell out they seem to be the ones to get. I however could not pay $200+ for a convertible car seat. I did my research on Consumer Reports and ended up with an Evenflo Triumph model. It's not fancy and the cover is a pain to take off. But I do like that the bottom strap is long enough that there is little chance of me pinching Morgandy's legs and the it adjusts on the sides which I like.
Happy Shopping!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2982660
This is similar to the one I bought for Bubba, and will probably purchase for Claire soon too. It's not fancy, it's less than $100, and it's pretty standard in the colors. No cute patterns or anything. =P The important things to me were that it had enough padding to be comfortable, it reclines for rear facing infants, the straps are easily adjustable, and the cover is easily removable for the ten thousand times I have washed it already! I spent over $200 on Bella's convertible car seat and this one is just as nice, just not as many features(cup holder/head pillow/padded straps/etc) or color choices. Also, check Sears, I paid at least $20 less for my car seat there than I would have at BRU or Target! Oh, and practice with the straps, some are more difficult than others. Go with the difficult ones. I know it seems a long way off, but before you know it, he'll be two and half and undoing the latch himself to climb down and get a toy. It's happened to more than just me, I know!
We have the Britax marathon and have really liked it. I also had a lot of recommendations for the roundabout, but the marathon seemed to have a slightly higher height limit. It is a little bigger than other car seats so if you have a small car it would be something to consider. It has been kind of a pain when we have tried to use it on the airplane, but I am not sure if carseat is very plane friendly.
We have the Britax Boulevard in our cars - and we love them. Danny researched a ton before we bought them, and they are rated really well for saftey, and they are also easy to use (the straps don't get twisted up very easily). It goes up to 60 lbs, or something crazy huge like that. Good luck!
actually, the one you have pictured is the one we have and we love it (isn't that the Marathon?). We hated our Britax carrier but the carseat has been awesome. it's easy in/out but very secure. good luck deciding!
You can't go wrong with the Britax Marathon. Our oldest son has been in it for almost 3 years and I'm sure he'll continue to be in it for a while longer. It's wonderful!
We have the evenflo triumph and it has been just fine for us...i see that a few people weren't fond of theirs :). I researched and Consumer Reports rated that one the highest. It is bulkier, but we have captain seats in the 2nd row of our van and it is not an issue. About a month ago, we put Elyn in the Triumph and got a Graco one for Nora. It's an "all in one" type thing so basically she can be in it until she is an adult. Good luck!
We have two Britax Marathon carseats for our girls and LOVE them! They were the safest carseat on the market when we bought them and they can literally stay in it until they don't have to use a carseat at all. They are more expensive upfront, but you won't have to replace it ever since it goes up to 65 pounds or something. We are major fans of the Britax Marathon!!!
We have a Graco one similar to this (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2858045). We have liked it as well as anything we have owned and it was rated high when we bought it when Seth outgrew his infant seat. I bought it soley for 2 reasons -- 1. it had a high safety rating and 2. because the cover is a BREEZE to come off and washes great (VERY important to this mommy that has carsick vomiters OFTEN!!)
Happy shopping!
We have the Britax Marathon and love it. It's easy to get in and out, straps are super easy and don't tangle, and it has the high weight limit to use for quite awhile.
I went back & forth btwn the Britax Marathon & the Blvd. I decided to get the Blvd because of the extra padding it has on it. They rate the same though so you can't go wrong! I've also heard great things about the Evenflo Triumph Deluxe.
We got 2 britax Marathon's. LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They go up to 65lbs, and by the sounds of it, you might need that! :P We did a ton of research on those and we were trying to decide b/t the marathon and the roundabout. And really we probably would have been just fine with the roundabout (lower weight tolerance, but figured that we will have more kids and we might as well get some car seats that will really last. And I have heard nothing by great things about Britax. But seriously it is SO easy to get in and out of the cars if you need to switch, which we do alot w/ my mom. Just snap it into the seat belt latches and viola. LOVE it!!!! Totally worth the extra $$.
OH boy I am the carseat Nazi!! So watch out. LOL! I am a BRITAX girl ALL the way and would NEVER put my kids in anything else. In fact we own 4 of them, because yes we still have 4 kids in carseats. But the big 3 are in the Britax boosters. And Cooper (2) is in a Britax Marathon, cow print of course!! He has been in that since 6 months?? They are the BEST!! NOt only for safety resons, but the fabric is so plush and comfy. And SO easy to strip off and wash then air dry. The latch system on these are super easy as well. Straps do NOT twist. My opinion is that you splurge on some things (like this) and skimp on others. Just my 2 cents. I think Britax is worth every penny!! YOu can find all the cool prints online and even get free shipping and the seats are cheaper than babies r us. Just goodle, Britax free shipping and a ton of stuff comes up. :)
~Tanya
i must admit that i am also a BRITAX girl. My sister let me borrow the Evenflo triumph for gary's truck, but it is too bulky for my car (honda pilot). you can also buy really really really cute covers for it at this site I have! I do love the cow print, though... and BTW, how in the heck were you still carrying him in an infant seat??????
I can't believe you already need to move him! I can't remember which one we have but I think it's one of the two people before me have posted about.
By the way, Beckett was about 13 months old before he was heavy enough to need to move, his legs were getting too long much before that, though. :)
We have the Roundabout! It is the smaller one but still lasts up to 40 pounds. I LOVE IT! It's easy to move and Sophie is very comfi in it. The best part is the Latch on it is like a seat belt, easy to clip on and off.
Post a Comment