This weekend we decided it was time to let Austin try some rice cereal. He has been eyeing our food for weeks and seems to always get fussy when we are eating- so I decided that meant he was ready. Forget asking the pediatrician if it's time! So we tried on Saturday and he seemed a little bit confused on what exactly he was supposed to be doing with it. He ate a little, but spit a lot of it out & made some facial expressions like he did NOT like it. So we tried again today, and he did much better! I have a few pictures of the occasion (we took video too, but will have to post that later when I figure out how!)
In other news, Austin has decided to be a FANTASTIC sleeper for Daddy, but not so much for Mommy. Everyday this past week he has woken up between 5-6am, but this weekend (when it's Daddy's turn to do the morning feedings) he woke up at 9:30 & 8:30... nice. I'm just being sarcastic- he's a great sleeper overall... we are VERY blessed!
Before he started eating (FYI- lots of people think he looks like his Papa Jim in this picture!

He sure liked getting messy- Mommy didn't like it though!


Posing with Daddy & Mommy


At least someone likes the activity center...

14 comments:
So cute! You are so brave. That is so cool you have already tried rice cereal. I am kind of freaked out about trying it. I think we are starting it after we go to the dr. for shots on Friday. Glad you can come on Tuesday...see you then. :)
Are you going to Joy for the Journey on Tuesday. I think I am. It will be a good break for me.
He will get the hang of the cereal thing soon...I remember thinking if the boys were actually getting any cereal in their mouths (most of seemed to go on the bib or their face).
Love his sweet smile too in that picture with Shane. He is adorable!
I LOVE his cheeks! He is definitely a cutie!!!!!
Wow, cereal! The pics are adorable, as usual. He has already changed so much since we saw you guys last month!!!
That's funny about Max...Lucy has been sleeping on Ryan's play mat too! Those silly cats. Have fun with the rice cereal =)
He's so cute! I can't get over how big he is. Give him a big kiss for me on those cheeks! You make a great looking family. You have been greatly blest!
OMG he is getting so big!!! I cannot believe it! Already eating cereal. Feels like just yesterday I was at your shower.
You are def. going to have to try swimming when he turns 6 months. Nick loved his baths too so I bet Austin will love swimming. We work mainly on not getting upset when water gets in his face.
Sweet pictures! Feeding time is never easy around our house! :) I feel like half of the food goes on the highchair, on the floor or on my hands!
I guess she's getting enough though, she's got the rolls to prove it!
Good luck to you! :)
I remember giving my kids cereal for the first time--it seems like ages ago that cereal and baby food used to be on my grocery list. Its so neat to be able to see your sweet little boy as he goes through all of these exciting stages in his life. Before you know it he'll be on to baby food and getting really messy! Love the pics!
His first rice cereal, how cute. He is just the cutest little thing:) Hope to see yall soon.
I love the messy face! Just wait until what is on his face has color, that will be even more fun! Austin is so cute as always. Can't wait to meet that sweet boy.
I'm sure you haven't heard this lately but Austin is ADORABLE!! :)Those cheeks are seriously cute.
I'm glad the cereal feeding is going well. It's always rough at first.
what a cute little round face! i love him. and i loved the comment about the activity center. there really wasn't anything that emily really liked, and it made me so made because i read read read about all the best things and it did me no good. oh well! at least the little kitty liked it!
You look like such a natural mommy. He is the most precious thing. Don't you want to just kiss those cheeks every second! I wish I could hold him and see you all! You look so happy.
Post a Comment