Sunday, June 15, 2008

First Father's Day & 3 Months Old!


Today was Shane's first Father's Day! I made arrangements for him to go play golf since he hasn't played in a while! He had a great time even though it was extremely HOT here today! He went with his friend, Jared (we met Jared & Leah in our childbirth classes.) While the guys played golf, Austin & I went over and ate lunch with Leah & Reid (who is exactly 2 weeks younger than Austin.) Then the 3 of us went out to dinner to celebrate!

I'm so proud to be married to such a wonderful man! A man who is an unbelievable daddy to the most precious little boy! I love to watch how excited Austin gets when he sees Shane- how his eyes get big, his smiles & coos, and he starts kicking his legs in excitement! Shane is such an involved daddy- he feeds Austin, puts him to bed, changes tons of diapers (especially the stinky ones), gives him baths, takes him for walks, reads to him, plays with him, and so much more. Thank you so much for all that you do- we love you!

And a specials Father's Day wish to my dad & Shane's dad- we are so blessed to have been raised by such wonderful men! We love you Papa Jim & Papa Gary! :)

In other news, Austin turned 3 months old yesterday- I can't believe how time flies! We have an appointment to have his picture made on Tuesday, so I'll post those soon.

He's getting so big!

I couldn't resist posting this sweet picture- even though I'm looking gross from just working out!

13 comments:

Kim P. said...

That's a really sweet picture of Shane and Austin. And you do not look gross after working out! I can't wait to see the 3 month pictures!

Kristen said...

What a fun day for Shane. :)
Can't wait to see 3 month pictures. The last pic of you and Austin is precious.

Holly said...

He is such a cutie! They grow so fast, enjoy every moment.

Kim said...

Love the new blog look! The tender pics with babies and parents are too precious! Take lots! :)

Kristen OQ said...

What a sweet picture of Austin and Shane. Austin is a lucky boy to have such a great dad (and mom too ;)

How did the pictures go yesterday?

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

he is so perfect I can't believe how big he is getting!!!

Keith-Suzanne said...

Wow, he really is getting so big. I can't believe he is already 3 months old!

maria said...

I love the pics of Austin with Shane--he sounds like he is such a a loving, involved father in Austin's life.

Amy S. said...

Wow Austin is such a cutie! The picture of you and him is so cute. Holly is right - enjoy every moment. Enjoy every stage they are in. I wish I would have done it better with Neely.

Jody said...

Happy belated first father's day Shane! I have NO doubts that you are a great Daddy!! Everyone looks so happy! Enjoy these infant days. They go by so very quickly.
Hugs,
J

amber dayton said...

Such a sweet post. I couldn't believe how big Austin looked at church tonight! He looked so aware & alert - that infant stage goes by so fast! Enjoy every minute.

Sandi said...

I love that last picture -- it is super sweet!!

Kim said...

What a doll baby!
And you couldn't look gross-The picture of the 2 of you shows how much you favor!
Like the new blog!