Thursday, June 12, 2008
Growth Spurt... I Hope
I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I'm so irritated to be up at 4am. I'm hoping Austin is going through a little growth spurt because he has not been sleeping "through the night" for the past 3 days. He's been waking up anywhere between 4-5am. I can't get him to go back to sleep for anything- he just lays there and fusses with his eyes closed. So I finally get him up and feed him- he SUCKS down the bottle & then is ready to go back to sleep immediately. I'm giving him 6-7 oz at every feeding during the day, and then 7 oz before bed at night... ugh, I don't know what else to do. Suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
Cute new page! Not sure what to say about Austin getting up in the night. I have heard that you should teach them to sooth themselves... not quite sure how, maybe a pacifier? Hope he stops this little spell. He just gets cuter and cuter.
Love the new page! Yes, there are growth spurts at 6 weeks and 3 months. I read about it and I am experiencing it too. He will go back to normal (Noah did). It is just a for a short time. :) I hope he goes back to normal soon. We did the VERY same thing. I hope everything is going great otherwise. He is precious!
I don't know much about oz. and bottles and how much they should be eating...I just thought 1/2 oz. per lb. We would get up and have a 3-4 o'clock feed during our growth spurt too except we have ours at different times so I am still getting up in the middle of the night--now with Emma.
Your new page is so cute! He is seriously one of the cutest babies I've ever seen! He has so much expression in his eyes. Maybe he'll be a little flirt!
hey! em did the same thing. i wasn't sure if it had to do with the whole breast-feeding/bottle transition, but I had to go back to work so my situation was a little different from you. she only did it for a week. I would just feed her and put her right back down. and i was all about the pas! who cares about nipple confusion as long as I can get extra sleep???
I have NO advice for you! So sorry! I am STILL NOT SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!! I hope it gets better soon. Alex wakes EVERY morning between 4 and 5 for about 7 oz and then wakes for good at 7 when Addison does. We have tried it all! What works for one doesn't always work for the other.
Best of luck. He sure is cute!!
J
Hopefully it's just a phase. They do that. And then they are back to sleeping through the night in no time. I think your new blog looks great!!
I remember Layton doing the same thing and he would not go back to sleep if he woke up after 4:45. I may have been a bad parent, but I honestly would put him in the bouncy seat by the couch and lay there by him. I was so tired at that point that I just wanted to sleep. Hopefully he gets past it soon. He is so cute.
The middle of the night is hard, especially when you feel like you've gotten past that phase. You've gotten good advice. Hopefully it's just a short growth spurt. Ryan actually woke up at 3:30 last night and I had to feed him, and Joe and I talked about how hard it was since he hasn't done that in a long time. Ryan also did it while we were on vacation but once we got home he settled back into his normal routine. If he wakes up in the middle of the night we usually give him his pacifier and swaddle him, and if he doesn't go back to sleep after a couple times then I'll feed him.
Love the pictures! He's a cutie! Hang in there!
I would like to say that I know the secret to baby sleeping, but no. My babies have never been great sleepers.
Just be sure to document this inconvenience so that one day Austin feels obligated to take care of his sweet Momma. That is my plan for my boys!
Post a Comment