Sunday, November 3, 2013

Small group retreat

This weekend our small group from church had an overnight retreat at the Riverbend Retreat Center in Glen Rose, TX!  The group has gathered there for many years, but this was our first year to attend.  We all arrived Saturday early afternoon and got settled in our rooms.  Some families were in shared cabins & others (smaller families) were put in the "hotel".  :)  We were in the hotel… which was great!  Nothing fancy, but at least we didn't have to bring our own bedding and sleep in bunk beds.  We spent the afternoon playing kickball, having a scavenger hunter (we won), free time (we fished), and zip lining!  I had showed Austin video/pictures of the zip line and he was excited to do it.  I figured he would decide against it when we got there and realized how high it was.. but no.  He had no fear- I was SHOCKED!  He had so much fun and can't wait to go again next year!

I didn't get any pictures, but here's the video:

I also got a few pictures of fishing- it was so pretty!




This is a funny one.  There is this sweet little girl, Chloe, who has a little crush on Austin.  I'm beyond thrilled- she's precious and we love her family!  Anyway, after Austin ate dinner with us… Chloe came in and wanted Austin to sit with her… so he sat down and ate another serving of pasta next to her. They were SO cute- just sat and talked the entire time :)  Not the best pic, only had my phone all weekend- forgot my camera.

That night we had smores by the lake and then a hayride!  It was pretty cold, but Austin really enjoyed being able to see the stars because we were so far out in the country!  After the hayride we put the kids to bed and the adults stayed up talking (women) and playing basketball (men.)  This is where we did smores (before it got dark.)

The next morning we met for breakfast and then had church in the amphitheater over by the river- it was beautiful!  Overall a wonderful weekend- I can't wait to go again next year!


No comments: