Sunday, September 19, 2010

College Girls Weekend 2010

My 4 best college girlfriends & I got together once again this past weekend! We really make an effort to get together once a year, and the past 2 years the gathering has been in Edmond, OK at Kristen's parents house! For the second year in a row we were completely spoiled.. it really is like staying at a bed & breakfast. I look forward to this weekend all year long- these are a few of my very closest friends! All of us lived together in college, were in each other's weddings, and know one another as well as we know ourselves!

Kristen & I (along with Kristen's youngest, Scott) drove up Friday afternoon after lunch. The other 3 girls (Brooke, Karie, & Jean) drove down from Memphis the same day! We arrived a few hours early & relaxed until they got there! I'm pretty sure that once they did, none of us stopped talking until we left on Sunday....besides for the few hours of sleep we got each night! Suzanne (Kristen's mom) fixed us a yummy dinner on Friday night- salad, 2 kinds of homemade soup, cornbread, and cake! We basically spent the rest of the night talking, laughing, and eating more!

Me, Brooke, Karie, Jean, Kristen


On Saturday we took our time getting ready & eating a wonderful breakfast at the house! We then went to pick up another college friend, Amanda, for lunch! We ate at the same place as last year... Mexican of course! After dropping Amanda off, we did our usual shopping, then stopped for ice cream, and finally enjoyed relaxing pedicures!! It was perfect.

Before heading out for the day


Lunch with Amanda


Jean, Amanda, & Brooke after lunch


Pedicures


These two are definitely enjoying a relaxing a day without their 3 kiddos (each!)


The finished product


We stopped at the house to freshen up & then went to dinner, more shopping, and home to watch "The Backup Plan" and "Date Night"- both great movies! It was a very late night... I think it was 2:15am when I last looked at the clock.... but SO worth it!

Heading to dinner


Rockin' the minivan


Kristen & Jean at dinner


Karie, me, & Brooke


Brooke & I enjoying Starbucks before the movie


Karie & I


Jean & I


Me & Kristen (fyi- her glasses are not red- my flash just makes it look that way... along with her eyes!)


Sunday morning we ate one last fabulous breakfast before saying our goodbyes. It was a little more difficult for me this time because I know it won't be as easy to get together next year. Karie has recently moved to Nashville & Brooke is moving to the Virginia/DC area in two weeks! It's hard to be so spread apart & far away from each other. :( I'm hoping our next trip can be with our entire families- I know our kiddos would enjoy spending time together (just like we do!)

Sunday morning at breakfast- I love these girls so much!


Thank you to Larry & Suzanne for hosting our special weekend, and to our husbands for watching the kiddos!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

I LOVE girls weekends! Looks like y'all had a great time. :)

Molly Page said...

What a fun time! It's awesome that you guys take the time to get together. I hope you're able to do it again next year even though it might be tougher. It looks like it's so worth the effort!

Ashlee said...

You girls all look so beautiful! What a great treat to have that time together to catch up:)