Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st day of preschool

Today was Austin's 1st day of preschool! Granted he went to school for 1 day a week this spring, but this is at a new school where he will go 2 days a week! I was feeling really good about Austin starting school this fall because several of my friends teach at this school, and the majority of our friends take their kids there too.... so I know it's GREAT!

Rewind to Tuesday- Meet the Teacher Day! Shane & I both went- we met his teachers (Miss Tiffany & Miss Jennifer.) The kids stayed in the classrooms while the parents went to the auditorium for about an hour. Drop off & pick up went great... I knew this was too good to be true.

Sitting in class playing with playdough


Listening to Miss Jennifer


Playing on the indoor playground after Meet the Teacher


This morning was his first real day of school! He was excited when we talked about it & very anxious to get in the car to go! He walked in like a big boy (carrying his backpack and lunch bag), walked downstairs to his room, talked to Miss Tiffany for a few minutes, and then panic sunk in. I could see exactly what he was thinking, "I remember this place..... she's gonna leave me." And the tears starting flowing. I did just as instructed- a quick goodbye and then left. Thankfully one of my sweet friends went and checked on him multiple times during the day & said he was doing great! Still though, I went to the car & shed a few tears on my way home. When it was time to pick him up, I went in the classroom to see him laying on his nap mat (he looked adorable, by the way.) As soon as he saw me, he jumped up- but didn't cry!! Miss Tiffany said he had a great day! I'm so proud of my sweet boy! We headed home & I attempted to put him down for a real nap (since he never slept at school)- didn't work. So needless to say, he went to bed early tonight! Looking forward to Tuesday already!!

Love this cute expression


Can't believe he is old enough to be in school- almost 2.5 yrs old!


Ready to go


All smiles in the car on the way to school


Getting nervous.... (the only picture I got at school before the tears started)


Relaxing on the couch after school


Silly boy


Playing with mommy


Playing outside after a long day at school! He's actually looking at the water he wanted to go jump in!


While Austin was at school today, I was able to meet a dear friend for lunch! Kari & I have been friends for about 30 years- isn't that CRAZY?? We had a great time catching up, and I look forward to getting together again soon!

Me & Kari


Lastly, a few short videos from the last few weeks~

Being silly on our way home from the park~ this one just makes me laugh!


Can you tell he likes to jump in puddles (even when there's hardly any water there)???

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I bet he's going to do great! Enjoy your time.